I love playing with Grandma Q here in Spain! I'm sort of obssessed with her. She takes me outside and lets me play with water, lets me get messy with food, and I have all sorts of fun.

I spend a lot of time on the train. Sometimes I take a break from flirting with everyone around me to look out the window.

When my Auntie Kristin was here, we did yoga together. But when Mommy got her camera out, I decided to surprise her. I went from a downward facing dog to a standing up human all by myself for the first time! Everyone clapped (including me), so I decided on several repeat performances.
I'm good at pointing on the map to show Mommy where we should go.
I learned how to smell flowers! I take a quick, deep breath through my nose. It's easy.
I love sitting on the front porch with my Alex friend and Grandma Q. What could be better than eating in your PJs in the sun?
Speaking of eating, this is my new favorite food. I gnaw on crusty bread (with my new teeth) until it's nice and soft. Sometimes I take naps with a hunk of bread in my fist.
I'm very friendly. I'm thinking about being a professional greeter when I grow up. I wave to everyone I see. I also learned to say "hi" as soon as we got to Madrid and it's my favorite word.
I can walk with only one hand of help now! I like to walk all around the plaza where we live. I also practice walking up and down train aisles even though the ground moves a lot.
Yeah, I know I'm fashionable.
This is my favorite Da. I love him.
I also love this Mama. I learned to call her Mommy this month. She likes it when I'm tired because I cuddle like this.
I sure get dragged around everywhere these days whether I like it or not. I usually like it though.
So many glasses to choose from.
I have a new love. It's called ice cream. Sometimes it turns me into a little monster. For instance, I might try to claw Mommy's mouth open to get at the last bit of an ice cream cone or scream at my cousin Amanda from across the room when I see her eating it. But I'm also learning to take licking turns with Mama. I can be very nice.
It pays off to be regulars at the gelato store. They give me a free cone every time! These are even better than bread. Mommy says I have to start eating a lot less sugar when we get home.
Can you guess which feet are mine? (Hint: they're attached to some lovely fat legs.)
When I'm on vacation, I like to play in the bathtub until my feet wrinkle. I learned how to turn the water on and off and unscrew shampoo lids.
I really, really wanted some of these drinks. That's one source of sugar Mommy won't let me have, which isn't fair since Mommy is addicted to Fanta Limón.
Um, I'm still trying to decide if I like riding twin dolphins.
It's fun being thirteen months old!* * *
What a month of learning and new tricks this has been! Zoë has loved all the attention she's been getting in Spain and all the fun new things to see and do. I think both have been very stimulating.
Zoë's tricks: Saying "hi" and "eye" (while pointing to our eyes). She also will honk noses on demand. She's able to copy a lot of sounds we make and seems to be learning pieces of words every day (like "Allie" for "Alex"). Standing up on her own (though she's only repeated the feat a few times since the first day she did it). Signing "more" and "all done." Mimicking everything from washing a surface with a rag to putting on clothes, etc. One-handed walking. Backing off of beds and couches. Wriggling out of the sling when she wants to walk. Opening screw tops off of bottles. Drawing with pencils and crayons.
Zoë likes:Walking, walking, walking (as long as someone is holding at least one hand). Playing and getting messy with Grandma Q. Eating anything, but especially bread, cones, and cookies. Watching other kids. Alex. Sharon. Kristin. All her new moms. Blowing her nose (she randomly started doing this one day on a paper towel, but soon progressed to everything, including clean laundry, soccer balls, and other toys). Going on walks. Coming home (she gets excited and pants when we reach our street). Being out at night. Wind blowing in her face. Making friends with strangers and being cute enough that they let her grab their purses, necklaces, watches, bags . . . Blonde women who look like Grandma Jane. Going to bed late and sleeping in. Hearing her voice echo in Metro stations. Watching the laundry go around in the glass-doored washer in the kitchen. Going shopping with Dada. Talking on the phone. Being upside down.
Zoë doesn't like: Being constrained on the train or Metro--must walk! Her daily thick application of sunscreen. Seeing anyone eat ice cream that she can't have. Being forced to walk in a direction she doesn't want to go. Church. Lying down to have her diaper changed. Teething (2 more this month make 8!)
3 comments:
So many great photos! I especially love the ones of your mom and Zoe threw the door. And the one of your and Zoe's feet.
Happy 13 months to Zoe!
That was a pretty amazing month. She made so much progress and experienced so many new things. I only wish that she would remember it. I'm glad that you got so many great photos so that she can at least retroactively see what she experienced.
I will never forget the loud gasp coming from Rachel when Piglet decided she was so over yoga and wanted to stand instead.
Post a Comment