I love shopping for small quantities of food each day on foot, and I'm obssessed with the windows and doors here.

La Garriga is full of beautiful villas, many of them uninhabited or converted to schools and the like now.

What a cute gelato-eating husband.
In front of his favorite villa.
All kinds of flowers and plants adorn windowsills and patios. But roses especially are everywhere.
Notice the flag of Catalonia?Barcelona

It's fun taking pictures in dark places with my new lens.

The famous Rambla. So fun to stroll down.

Zoë takes her naps where she can get them these days.
Madrid
A more comfortable "bed" courtesy of my Madrid friend Julia-Maria. She lent us a ton of baby stuff.
A more comfortable "bed" courtesy of my Madrid friend Julia-Maria. She lent us a ton of baby stuff.
She's learning a lot from all the people she's around--like how to put purses on her shoulder.
The reason we're here. My dad in the Plaza Mayor surrounded by the students he's directing on study abroad this term.
Alcalá de Henares
People here call Zoë "blancita"--we do all we can to keep the sun off that whiter than white skin!
Our friend Kristin arrived the other day! We're standing here next to what is, according to my dad, the longest covered walkway of its kind in Europe, with columns dating back to the 15th or 16th century.
It's hard to tell in this photo, but I had an "aha" moment looking up at these pigeons, similar to the time I realized in Mexico that goats have goatees. They're in pigeon holes!
Oh, these don't remind you of anything? I guess you haven't been nursing a baby for the last year . . .

Our local plaza (one of the most beautiful I've seen in Spain) by night.

11 comments:
ok, thats it. Im completely and totally JEALOUS of you and HAPPY for you at the same time. :)
oh this makes me miss spain so much! i was obsessed with all the iron work--amazing designs. And all the tile! love it.
So happy to see you and Kristin together. Don't you two look smokin!
Wow, what great pictures! I'm impressed. Oh, and also so jealous :).
I was going to put up that picture of you and Zoe at the harbor for Mother's Day, but I'm glad to see it here anyway. Such a beautiful mom and baby. I love you both so much.
I need to figure out a way to go to Spain!
Your pictures make my heart ache for Spain. I'd love to go back.
I love that first image!
wow...beautiful! We are so excited to meet you guys there! Oh yea I for sure got work off!
found your blog through a comment on Katrina's blog. Your photos and experiences are BEAUTIFUL! hope you don't mind if I pop by every now and then. :) Nice to meet ya!
Oh my gosh, goats in Mexico! I totally remember that epiphany. Your pictures are gorgeous. I'm so jealous of you guys!
Post a Comment