But, after three nights of very little sleep, I put her to bed in her crib last night. And she slept great. I was so worried about not being able to hear her (though I can hear every breath with the monitor) that the second she would start to babble--her nursing cue--I would bolt out of bed and practically run to the nursery. In other words, I was wide awake by the time I got back in bed and it took a while to fall asleep. Once I get over that though I think this new sleeping arrangement will work out just fine.
And so I suppose today, after Zoë's first night in the nursery, is a good time to finally post way more pictures of that room than you ever wanted to see. And we never did get to the walls--maybe by the time we have #2. We'll see . . .
The bed:

(Thanks to Sharon and Bill for letting us borrow this crib.)Where the food goes in and out:


The media.

(As you might guess, I don't agree with Josh that all of the movies in this room are "kid movies." In any case, Zoë already tries to watch TV, though she's not allowed. She got more shots on Friday and while her legs were swollen and hurting, I let her watch Finding Nemo. She stopped screaming and was mesmerized. She also loves books already. Takes after both of us, I guess.)The wall hangings.


I love this Klimpt. The bee was part of the card that came with the mobile Scott and Katri made (see below).The mobiles:




(Both handmade and wonderful. My friend Lori made the second one. Zoë and I both love staring at all the details. Zoë is obsessed with it actually. I have to coax her to eat instead of gazing at it for hours.)The curtains:
(My first attempt at such.)The tree:

(Something I made mostly while pregnant.)The End.
7 comments:
Beautiful room!! That is one lucky baby girl.
Oh what a beautiful room, good job, such detail. I have always admired your taste in decorating. (remember when I lived in your old room)
Wow, it's beautiful!
I'm drooling, wow what a beautiful room. Keilani and Jimmy still sleep with me.... it's a long story.
Keilani's favorite movie was Finding Nemo we watched it over and over again in the winter time. I had every line memorized...
Rach, the curtains are awesome. What a cozy nursery.
That is a beautiful nursery. I love the curtains! You made them?! Awesome. I know exactly what you mean about them being a room away. I actually get up in the night and go feel her breathing. Motherhood makes you kind of crazy.
Wow Rachel! Really cute room! You've always have great style. I love the pictures on the wall & the tree you did turned out awesome! I'm glad that you like the mobile. You did an stellar job on the nursery!
Post a Comment