Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 7: Back to where I started

Today started out much like the day did when I decided to embark on this little adventure. Except this time my husband was missing entirely (editing all night at his co-director's house) and my baby was up pretty much the entire night with a stuffy nose (it turns out she's not teething, just sick with all the symptoms of teething; I can't imagine how much she's going to drool when she actually starts teething).

And mostly I was amazed at how well both husband and baby handled their respective hardships. Josh was pleasant and seemingly calm upon returning home around 10 a.m. to sleep for 3 hours before his last editing stretch. And Zoƫ was just as cute and sweet as she could be without being able to breathe while nursing. I am so in love with that little girl. And her dada, who gets big smiles--and sometimes even laughs--when he greets her after being away.

And that's a good way to close this week of posts, by realizing yet again that the people closest to me are good. Even under bad circumstances.

3 comments:

ohana=)mama said...

I hate it when they can't breath while nursing! Ahhhh it's so frustrating for everyone! You have really done well with your seven day challenge. I keep thinking it's a great idea but I don't even have the energy to try whole heartedly so I've decided why not just plop down and give up while before I care to much about being behind.

Deep breaths, deep breaths...... well ok maybe I'll try.

kelsey said...

Oh...poor little thing! Colds are the worst. No sleep is the worst too. I hope you all get a good night's sleep soon. The drooling can get pretty bad. It is really unbelievable how much spit a kid can have.

Susie said...

awesome-sorry I use that word too much. (from Jon) wonderful post.