Are there people (or things) you complain about habitually? There are for me. But I have been abstaining--and actually doing quite well!--this week. At first, it was just frustrating. I would hear the complaint in my head, struggling for release. But I have been distracting myself and moving on.
I experienced my usual complaint triggers today in full force, except by not having given them voice for a few days, they are also subsiding in my head.
The result? More room for other stuff.
It's actually quite spacious in here.
(Though it can't compete with what is now Zoƫ's 90th percentile head.)
2 comments:
yes...there are for me too! I hate it though...I always feel so yucky after complaining, it never makes me feel better. It makes sense that they would subside if never given a voice though. OK I am trying hard.
Yea the idea of spaciousness in one's head (and soul) is a good image! Unless of course one's head is empty. Even that is better at times than the negative stuff.
Post a Comment