Here is what I have been doing:
For one, I've been hanging around in Mommy's sling--get it? I don't know why, but Daddy calls me a "baby amputee" when I sit like this.
This sling gives me a great opportunity to do what I like doing best these days--sucking on my delectable toes.
Whenever I'm lying on my back, I make sure to grab both of my feet. I wouldn't want them to escape my hungry mouth.
Then at least one foot ends up here. This hurts a little more now that I have TWO TEETH!
I also get my mouth on--well--anything else I can.
Sometimes shoes get in the way. Thanks Aunt Diana and Uncle Jon for my first pair of Vans, though.
I've been working out my neck muscles so that I can finally do this.
Sometimes I wear hats that mysteriously jam themselves over my eyes when Mommy turns her back. Then I have to grunt repeatedly to tell her that I can't see.
And sometimes I try wearing hats that are 5 sizes too small. They make me into a great cat burglar though. Guess what I steal? That's right. Milk.

Mommy and Daddy say my eyes are still blue, but they're still expecting them to change any day now.
Five months old today.
*********
Zoë continues to delight us. She's a real crack-up these days. More and more of her personality is manifesting itself. She is super aware of people, her surroundings, and she likes to be entertained. She's also very entertaining.
Zoë's tricks: Rolling over! She can only do it one way (from tummy to back) and sometimes needs help positioning her head to begin, but she's getting better all the time. Sucking on her toes--obviously. Grabbing things with both arms and legs. Laughing a lot and at random things; the one predictable cause of laughter for some unfathomable reason being the song "Do a little dance, sing a little song, get down tonight . . . ." Loud squealing and squawking (even shrieking).
Zoë's likes: Grabbing her right ear while nursing (she doesn't have an ear infection--I've had the doctor check several times now). Looking around anytime she hears a noise while nursing or simply to make eye contact with me. Being tickled in her arm pits and neck. Staring at the spice cabinet (a strange recent obsession). Scratching fabric of all kinds (sometimes it looks like she's trying to lift the pattern--like stars, for example--off of the fabric). Sneaking in glances at the TV. Reading and preferably sucking on books. Biting our fingers with her sharp little teeth.
Zoë's doesn't like: Being away from mamma and home for too long (though I hope and think this is starting to get better). Being bored. Teething. Getting scared by the blender of all things--the vacuum is fine. Missing naps. Staying up past 8pm. Getting her nose suctioned out. Socks (they get in the way of toe sucking). To indicate she doesn't like something, by the way, she makes low groans now. In addition to grunts.
Zoë's likes: Grabbing her right ear while nursing (she doesn't have an ear infection--I've had the doctor check several times now). Looking around anytime she hears a noise while nursing or simply to make eye contact with me. Being tickled in her arm pits and neck. Staring at the spice cabinet (a strange recent obsession). Scratching fabric of all kinds (sometimes it looks like she's trying to lift the pattern--like stars, for example--off of the fabric). Sneaking in glances at the TV. Reading and preferably sucking on books. Biting our fingers with her sharp little teeth.
Zoë's doesn't like: Being away from mamma and home for too long (though I hope and think this is starting to get better). Being bored. Teething. Getting scared by the blender of all things--the vacuum is fine. Missing naps. Staying up past 8pm. Getting her nose suctioned out. Socks (they get in the way of toe sucking). To indicate she doesn't like something, by the way, she makes low groans now. In addition to grunts.


8 comments:
My kids all pulled at their ears and never once was that a sign of ear infection. They just think they're fun! PS. where did you get your baby sling?
Once again...I just read this and thought "Check, Check, Check"...at least we know our babies are on track developmentally. By the way, I thought the ear tugging was an ear infection too and had her checked. Hah. Happy Five Months!
Five months already?! It's gone so fast. She just gets more beautiful in every post!
Those eyes are looking mighty blue! I don't think they are gonna turn brown. :)
Rachel--
Vanessa Kerr (do you remember her from the ward?) gave it to me for a shower. She was also my doula. Anyway, she sells them at the farmer's market here too.
"baby amputee" That is funny. That picture totally makes you wonder where the rest of her is. Gosh 5 month and teeth too, man, time flies!
Oh...she is so cute! She has little chubby cheeks too! I can't believe she is already five months old. Does she play with her shoes? I can put shoes on Mabel and it will keep her busy for about an hour.
I remember when Keilani tried to get the print off of her blankets. It was so funny, it always made me laugh. She was afraid of the blinds being pulled up that would make her cry and when she would giggle every time I read F is for frog from her ABC book. Those are the days = ) Such happy days!
Post a Comment