Monday, September 22, 2008

Dr. Leah

Yesterday my friend Leah diagnosed correctly what the doctor missed. Zoë has in fact been teething the last week or so. She was sucking on Leah's finger yesterday (thanks for letting your appendages be used in that way, Leah) and Leah said she felt a tooth. I didn't feel it until later that afternoon, but it was definitely there! A rough spot and the faintest glimmer of white.

I know it's a bit early, but Zoë's Grandma Jane got her first tooth and 3 months and I think Josh's were early too--so teeth, here we come!

The image of brushing one tooth totally cracks me up.

The image of a toothed Zoë biting me while eating the way that she's inclined to totally terrifies me.

Regardless, can I tell you how fun it is every time something new happens to this little girl?

6 comments:

Kiera said...

Isaiah had his first tooth at 3 months. Whats with these dentally advanced kids??

Leah said...

Oh good, I wasn't making things up! Oh fun, maybe I'll make it into her baby book in connection with her first tooth.

Also, sorry about having my fingers in her mouth. I usually don't do that, but she was holding onto my finger and shoved it in before I could remove it. Don't hate me.

Rachel Mae said...

No--fingers in mouth are great. I'm glad you're not grossed out by it, Leah.

Rachel Mae said...

(And yes about the baby book.)

Blue Cheese said...

I know what you mean, Rachel -- Leah is *always* sticking her fingers in my Lucy's mouth . . .

ohana=)mama said...

Keilani had her first at three months as well unfortunately when she was 12 months she had already racked up several grand in dental bills due to an infection at birth! Hopefull her second set come in healthy... but anyway I think teething is yet another initiation into motherhood! Congrats you've passed with only a whole mouth full yet to come.