Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two months old

Zoë is now starting to grow lengthwise out of some of her 0-3 month clothes, but there are plenty that still fit her. I hope she gets some fat legs soon! She is also starting to grow more hair on the top of her head, though she still has the bald ring she was born with, which is pretty funny. She’s starting to get a little more of a personality and she totally cracks us up.

Zoë's tricks: Turning her head much more quickly. Sucking on her hands (when she can find them). Mirroring us sticking out our tongues (I think she likes making us look silly). Smiling (we think at us sometimes). Cooing. Crossing her eyes. Pushing with her feet.

Zoë likes: Milk, milk, milk (and holding hands with mommy while she drinks it). Polka dots. Blinds. Fans. Tree branches swaying in the wind. Going on long walks with mommy. Being worn. Bath time. Cuddling in mommy and daddy’s bed in the morning. Being sung to. Riding in the car. Hanging out with grandmas and aunts. Swinging with mommy or daddy on the porch. Rocking in her nursery.

Zoë doesn't like: It’s kind of a mystery, but something bothers her in late afternoon/early evening and results in a good amount of crying. Tummy time—it’s become very frustrating for her. Gas. The rash that started on her back and has crept to her chest and cheek. Eating on the left side; she’s developed a preference.


Zoë went to her first church meeting last Sunday, though she only lasted long enough to listen to her aunt give her mission farewell talk.

These are some of the faces that crack us up. She likes to peer over our shoulders inquisitively.

Our friend Jean gave Zoë this cute "Rock Star" outfit. Is she crying or singing her guts out?

I love these shoes. Diana got them in China Town in San Francisco. And Josh's cousin Sara gave us this adorable dress.

Two months old today! (And obviously not sitting up yet.)

6 comments:

Rachael said...

as it sounds like you've noticed, most kids have a cranky time in the late afternoon/evening. unfortunately they don't seem to grow out of it very fast, which is why that last hour until daddy comes home can get reeeaaally long! hope zoe's starts to moderate itself a bit! (we always find that we have to move our dinnertime up for a few months until the kid is old enough to have a late afternoon snack--somehow that seems to do the trick).

cute faces! i love squishy baby cheeks.

kelsey said...

So cute! She is growing so fast! I love those bows she has in her hair.

Ben and Lori said...

Awesome pictures! Very cute and funny.

ohana=)mama said...

Be careful about nursing too much on one side Keilani did and I ended up so lopsided that I had to take the padding out of one side of my padded bra and add it to the other to compensate!

Zoe could be allergic to milk! You should look into it. I know a good holistic doctor who might be able to help you out if you’re interested!

Jeff said...

Umm, I think one of her favorite things is being walked around the block by her grandpa while he sings made-up Zoë songs to her.

Rachel Mae said...

ohana=)mama--I've been nursing her equally, but it's been hard because sometimes she screams for a while when I try to feed her on the left. But I persist in fear of lopsidedness.

Also, I've been "off" milk for a while now (though I do cave for the occassional ice cream treat).