Yesterday, Zoë and I had our fullest day yet:
1. Dropped daddy off at the airport.
2. Ate "late breakfast" in the Ikea parking lot (Zoë).
3. Went grocery shopping at Harmon's to kill time.
4. Ate "brunch" in the Ikea parking lot (Zoë).
5. Ate breakfast in the Ikea restaurant with friends (Rachel).
6. Ate "early lunch" in the Ikea restaurant (Zoë).
7. Went shopping for a birthday present.
8. Attended Uncle Jon's birthday party (with much snacking on both Rachel's and Zoë's parts).
9. Attended a BBQ with friends.
The result? One overstimulated baby who screamed for what had to be an hour straight last night. I mean screamed. I know, if you've had a colicky baby, that's nothing, but it's out of the norm around here.
Thank goodness for the "nighttime playlist" Josh made for Zoë and we played her often in the womb. I put it on, laid her on my chest, and she finally settled down and fell asleep. And I have to say that the little shuttering breaths a finally relaxed baby exhales after a long cry are as cute as they are pathetic.
So today I'm only going to stop cuddling and baby wearing long enough to pick up Josh from the airport. Oh, and go to another birthday party . . . here's crossing my fingers for tonight.
3 comments:
So sad. A crying baby plummets ones depth of creativity (let see...something new to try...)(thought in a desperate voice).
You feel so helpless as to what to do when that happens! I once brought Keilani on an airplane with an ear infection not realizing how painful it would be.... Both her and I were crying until she finally feel asleep from exhastion. I don't know how many prayers I offered up for her relief that day! I was so happy when it came!
Overstimulation is the worst! It's so hard because you think that you can get to all of the things in your schedule, but it just isn't that easy with a little baby. It does get easier though.
Post a Comment