

Our friend Jolyn told us about this great food co-op in our area. Click here to get more details.
Basically, you just order from month to month. This was our first time doing it, and we got a half share (chicken, beef, 3 varieties fresh fruit, 4 varieties fresh vegetables, bread, and lentils) and a farmer's market share (6 varieties fresh, in-season local veggies plus fresh herbs) for $28, which is about 50% cheaper than it would be in the store. The other cool part is that they ask you to do 2 hours of community service--anything you want--which is an idea I really like. I also like that with the farmer's market share especially, we're learning what's in season now in Utah and expanding our food horizons. This week we're trying mustard greens, mizuna, and tat soi (delicious!) for the first time. Hooray for the food co-op!
8 comments:
My sister in law has been doing that a couple of years and loves it. there is also a huge farmers market on Saturdays in that park across from Albertsons on Center street in provo.
I went to their site and checked it out. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!
That is the coolest I'm totally doing it!
i was so impressed with the farmers market share - i can't believe how much stuff was in it! i hope we can eat it all.
so... i've never prepared lentils before, do you know any good recipes?
Jolyn, I have some great lentil recipes that we love, but we are trying the recipe that came with the co-op newsletter tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Wo, that is awesome, I've never heard of that.
Wow, that is a much better option that what I've heard about here in Colorado.
Here you buy a share and you get what you get.
What a good idea. I'd totally join if they had one here.
Post a Comment