
Until I had a baby, I assumed that the name of the above flower--baby's breath--was metaphorical. It's not.
If you've never smelled the breath of a breastfed infant, go do it! I'll loan you mine. It's divine: sweet and pure and amazing. It's so strange to smell something that good coming out of a mouth. I wish I could bottle it and remember it forever.
I wonder what other flower names might be literal?
6 comments:
Hummm I never made the conection but now I'm going to have to give it a try.
It really is great, isn't it? Enjoy it while it lasts (kind of changes, along with the diapers, when solids come along). Then you get stinky toddler breath.
Unfortunately, it doesn't stay that way for long. Nice picture.
I love baby's breath too. Does the flower smell like that?
Yes, the breath of a breastfed baby is sweeter than any candy! Now, go out with Zoe when the sun is bright and warm, and after 10 minutes, smell her head . . .
Oh yes....one of my favorite smells in the whole world. I'd almost forgotten. Maybe I need another one after all.
Post a Comment