


That evening we went to the state Battle of the Bands (where Gypsy Cab--perhaps unfairly--came in 4th out of 14). It's a hard contest, because most bands are playing in different musical genres, so I think the genres get judged sometimes as much as the bands. But they played well and I got to try out our new digital camcorder that films straight to a hard drive, no tapes needed.
On Sunday I went to church with my parents and it was really fun to see familiar faces from my old ward, though it really weirded me out that my sunbeams (I taught the class for 2 years in college) are now 10! Um, what?
Sunday evening we celebrated Josh's mom's St. Patrick's Day birthday, and dinner was divine: tortellini with homemade pesto; penne with chicken and a white cream sauce; salad complete with spinach, bell peppers, mandrin oranges, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette; and garlic bread. This was followed with hot apple crisp, Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream (the only kind worth eating), and homemade fudge sauce. The combination of all this food and considerably less stomach space made me a little miserable afterwards, but the sudden infuse of blood sugar did make Meishka jump around enough for Josh's cousin, Caidy, to feel her for the first time.
Whew--I need another weekend to unwind now!
6 comments:
Man, you got tons of great stuff! I hope I have friends that generous. :-)
Sounds like fun. We're planning on being down there this weekend, if not, next. We'll call you but we need your number first. Email it to me:
vanessahopkins@gmail.com Bye!
Sounds like you have been completely and totally hooked up with baby stuff. Nice work! Ahhh, a baby bjorn, you're going to LOVE that thing!!
I'm so sad I missed it. I hope we go down soon. I know we're going down by early May at the latest. Miss you Rach.
I'm glad I got to come to your shower! It was really good to see you and everyone.
It was good to see you! Can't wait for your baby to come! I can second the comment about the baby bjorn..I love mine. I am jelous of your hard drive recorder..those are nice!
Post a Comment