So, check out these feet. To give you an idea of how much paint they had on them before Josh stripped them, the guys who stripped the tub said it had 12--yes, 12--coats of paint on one side! (We had the outside professionally stripped to avoid any lead paint contamination of the house, seeing as how we were already getting the inside restored). Anyway, needless to say the feet just sort of looked like gold lumpy blobs.

Now that most of the paint is off, I can see why they call it a clawfoot tub!
We're getting really close . . . I'm hoping that next week sometime I'll be able to post pictures of the completed bathroom!
5 comments:
I loooooove claw foot tubs. So cool! Can't wait to see it done.
how cool is that? i'm totally jealous of your vintage tub.
Wo, that is rad. I can't wait to see it all finished. I love that you guys took the paint off and it turned out to be that cool.
oh, I can't wait to see the feet actually on the tub!
Ok Leah I have to echo you in saying..... I loooooooooove claw foot tubs tooooooo! I and then I would have to go with racheal in saying I'm totally jealous..... I love that kind of thing!
Post a Comment