1) A mobile made by Katri and Scott. I had been coveting one of these but didn't think we could afford it with all of the more practical items we'll be needing to buy. I was so thrilled to get one! And Katri was worried about the possibility of the mobile falling on the baby, so they made it out of light material (rather than the usual metal). Check out Scott's website and drool over super-cool mobiles here. This picture doesn't do it justice--I'll post more when it's hung in the nursery.
2) A knitted blanket made by Kristin. Though Kristin claims to be born without the craft gene, she has a tradition of knitting blankets for babies-to-come. So although the fact that she had knit one for me wasn't a total surprise, I couldn't believe how quickly she had done so and how soft it was! I love the colors too.
3) A baby sling sewed by Vanessa. I didn't get a shot of this one, but I'll put one up soon. She used such cute fabric and made it big enough so Josh could wear it too. I've totally been wanting one of these and attempting to make one was on my long list of things to do. So nice that I don't have to now!
So, thanks everyone! Can't wait till we're back in our house and I can put all of this stuff away.
In other news, Josh and I put together a "short list" of names this weekend. Feel free to pick a favorite, but you may want to withhold the gagging noises any one name may elicit, since Meishka's going to end up with one of them (if we ever stop calling her Meishka). They are as follows, in no particular order:
Zoe (undecided on the umlaat)--this one would probably be the hands-down winner already if I could decide once and for all that it sounds okay with our last name.
Nico (from either Nicolette or Nicola)--this would be Josh's winner, but while I really love Nico, I want to save it for a boy, I think.
Beatrix (would likely often get shortened to Bea--maybe Trixie once in a while as a little girl?). Love the "x" in this one.
Fiona
Grace (loving Gracie)
Eva (AY-vah)--This would be another hands-down winner in my book if Josh wasn't insisting on naming her Evaline and calling her Eva. I may still be convinced though.
I think that's it.
10 comments:
That mobile you got is awesome, however, that is what I was going to make you!!! It wouldn't even compare I'm sure with the coolness of the one you got though :( I don't know why, but I've been kind of into mobiles lately. I like your friends website. Anyway, I don't know what i'll do now. You got some cool stuff. When I was pregnant with Bridger I wanted to make myself a sling, but never got around to it, so that is SO awesome that your friend made one for you. Oh and I really like all of the names you picked I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, but I am really like Beatrix, I've never even thought of that name before, but I like Bea for short, it's really cute, they are all really cute though.
Okay, I just read over my comment, and noticed lately that I need to proof read. I hate reading over what I just wrote, but I see the need. So sorry.
how exciting! I'm sad I wasn't there for your shower. :-( It made me remember my shower for Abigail (and I just put away the cute onesies you gave me when Jules grew out of them, but they were handsdown my faves! So lovely and stretchy!)
Ok, so I like ALL of the names. Seriously, and usually I just sort of smile and nod when people say their baby names because I think they're weird. I agree with you on Nico--save it for a boy. I really like Zoe, Grace (which is Abigail's middle name, and I'm seriously thinking about just naming another baby that anyway), Beatrix, and Eva. I like Fiona, but it also makes me think of Shrek.
Oh, and I am coming to Utah in June, I think. Can we get together and do lunch? And compare babies?!
Lori--I didn't notice anything wrong and I would love another mobile from you. I have lots of mobile-hanging spots and I'm really into them but don't know how to make them.
Rachael--I was thinking the other day how fun your shower was. It was a nice break with grad buddies from the grind of school. Would love to get together in June! I'll still be on maternity leave, so I'll have all the time in the world (well, except for all that nursing, holding, comforting, diaper changing, etc.)
Fun shower. Gracie is my favorite. Cool mobile.
My take on the names. If you go with Bea (it means beautiful in Spanish, spelled differently). Very cool, not my favorite though. I really like Fiona, but my all time favorite...Grace.
I remember seeing a program on the discovery channel about names once and how someone's name actually has an effect on how successful they are. Not that I believe all I see, the statistics they had showed said that traditional names typically were had by rich/business people, and that unique names were attached to artistic/less than rich people. Interesting enough.
I love all of your names...truly, each one is lovely. I was happy I got to swing by your shower. I wish I could have stayed longer. You looked radiant as always.
Very good name choices. Fiona is actually one that we have thought about if this babe ends up being a girl. And Jared's youngest is named Grace. I love it, but it is getting mighty popular if you care about that sort of thing. Same with Eva... my cousin just named her daughter that. I really like Beatrix... cool and different.
I haven't seen you in person since November and all these pictures are shot in a very clever way so that you don't even look the slightest bit pregnant. You're going to be the cutest new mom ever! Um, tied for first place with my two sisters. Yes.
I don't know if I get to vote on the names, but my vote would go to Fiona. Unique and yet familiarly feminine. Easy to spell and nearly impossible to mispronounce. And I can't think of an obvious way to make fun of a girl named Fiona. You meet a girl named Fiona, that's someone you want to be nice to.
Good luck deciding.
Ahhh the names list... I remember those days.
Post a Comment