Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Last one

Last weekend was lots of fun (and again, I didn't get much work done)--a breakfast with friends on Saturday morning at MiMis Cafe (delicious stuffed french toast) was followed by my last baby shower. I know, three. I'm spoiled. That's what happens when you live in one city for most of your life and all of your family lives there too. Anyway, this one was put on by these two cute grandmas-to-be (though they haven't quite necessarily accepted the term "grandma" yet):My mom, left; Josh's mom, right.

It was absolutely beautiful with an antique baby quilt and clothes displayed sewn by my and Josh's grandmas and worn by our mothers:And a tantalizing spread of delicious food:
The thing that was so fun about this shower was I got lots of books! It's nice to start building up a collection of long-time and new favorites (like one featuring an assortment of babies in various dinosaur costumes). We also got set up with the last of the "big" stuff: stroller/travel system and dresser/changing table. Now if I could only find a glider or rocking chair I like!

In other news, my parents' cat, Ginger, seems very protective of my baby bulge. It's her favorite place to hang out:

And, finally, the bathroom is done! But it's taking us longer to organize, wash walls, and put the finishing touches on everything than I thought it would--that's no surprise. But I'll be posting pics of the house soon, I hope.

6 comments:

Ben and Lori said...

What the...your mom is blond!! Crazy. That is so nice that you had a 3rd shower. You are SO little for being almost done. Lucky! I can't wait to see pictures of your bathroom.

kelsey said...

I was going to say that I have never seen your mom as a blond too! Glad you are getting all the necessary things!

Kiera said...

That food looks amazing! Your moms look amazing too, they could be sisters.

Steve and Steph said...

I hardly recognized your mom! Wow-please tell her she looks gorgeous! Yeah for baby showers and for you bathroom almost being done!!

Danielle said...

That is crazy about your wall hanging. I hope you post a picture! I love it!

Nate and Nicole said...

Looks like you've been spoiled - so nice. I want to know what children's books you got that you like. I'm always looking for new, good ones. Also, your little belly is so cute. I was big as a house near the end!