Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Winding up

Though November 2008 may seem far away, in political time, it's just around the corner, especially with a rash of presidential candidates participating in an unprecedented amount of early fund raising and several states moving their primaries up in an effort to remain--or become--politically significant. And the political junkie in me is getting excited.

What's more, as of last night I am now on the local Dem's "message committee," which involves shaping the party's image rather than allowing it to be shaped for us by Republicans (Democrats? You mean Devil worshipers?). This will involve both editorial and design work for press and ads. It's right up my alley and I'm glad to be involved in a more concrete way.

Speaking of committees, I'm also on the enrichment committee at church, and we just had a "state fair" focused on community involvement. I set up a couple booths, one of which offered voting registration forms and other information. I had lots of fliers left over, so I thought I may as well share one virtually.

So here's to voting in 2008--no matter what your party. (In fact, intelligent, informed Republican voters really have the most to offer Utah considering that the Republican primaries are where all the action in this state takes place and some ghastly Republican candidates get elected on the basis of party affiliation alone.)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

i loved this post! good for you!