Thursday, August 9, 2007

Garden goods




This was our first year planting a garden. I'm in love. It's so satisfying to be able to pick delicious veggies from our backyard for free. These pictures show what I harvested last night: zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, lemon cucumbers (the round yellow guys--I'd never had them before, but they're really crisp and good), three tomato varieties (love the lighting ones), and one of the famed pumpkins (not picked last night, as you know).

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Beautiful montage. It is satisfying, isn't it? But when you consider the time and materials, those tomatoes and squash ain't exactly free. But as the old song goes, "there's only two things that money can't buy; That's true love and home grown tomatoes."

Rachel Mae said...

I have thought of that--especially when I get my water bill. But they do feel free. The other thing I like is washing them. It's nice to able to see the dirt that needs to be rinsed off rather than trying to scrub off invisible pesticides.

Angie said...

Yummy, we are getting just about the same veggies out of our garden. We have 4 zucchini plants and we've basically been eating zucchini (bread, sauteed, casserole, ect.) for weeks now. The kids love it too. Our favorite this year was sugar snap peas. We started raspberries last year and only got a few...next year will be good. Your photo looks nice:)

Ben and Lori said...

Holy cow, nice job. They look great. It's hard work to keep up a garden. I'm hoping for next year. We had one in American Fork with sugar snap peas, they were good. Hey, about the concrete curbing. We just had a guy come and do it for us, they have a machine that kind of just poos out the concrete. I think you can rent the machines too, which would make it a lot cheaper. We paid 2.40 per foot, so anyway, good job on the veggies.

Rachael said...

these look sooo good. i love the lightning ones!!

Parker and Vanessa said...

Simply amazing. Good job.