I'm twelve months old! 
This is my new favorite toy.

Spring is my new favorite season. It makes my backyard green.

This is my favorite Aunt Diana. She visited me and gave me lots of kisses.

That was okay, but when Mama joined in, it was a bit much.

Guess what I still like eating? It's pulpy and rhymes with caper.

Shoes are a close second.

Hi.

Do you wish you had fluffy hair like me?

Can you tell which one is me and which one is Dada?

By the way, did you know I live in Spain now?

Do you know what time zones are? It's when Mama and Dada think it's night but it's really day. That's why I watch
Finding Nemo at 4am.

These are my new friends. Every time we pass them, I remind Mommy that we need to stop to say hi.

This is Neus. She is another new friend. She cooks me lots of yummy food to eat. I say "num num" the whole time I'm eating it--Spanish cheese, bread, soup,
paella, yogurt, flan--you name it. But don't worry--I still like milk too.

This is my old friend, Júlia. I last saw her when I was three months old. She's really shrunk since then.

She's been helping me keep up my piano skills since I've been away from Grandpa.

I like sleeping on the go now. Mommy says everyone is nicer to her when I'm around.

I'm basically taller than Dada.

This is how I go grocery shopping with Dada in Spain. I have fun even without the grocery carts.

I eat gelato (num num!) and wonder why Mommy opens her mouth so wide without putting anything in it.

Also, good thing I know Mommy pretty well. Otherwise, I might think she was a crazy woman trying to kidnap me right now.

The swings here are a blast!

I could stay here for a long time if I didn't miss my family in America so much.
Twelve months of me!* * *
It's really hard to believe that Zoë was a sweet little ball of cuteness last year this time and now she's a little person with opinions and all. She's so, so busy now--always doing or getting into something. And sweeter than ever. What a fun year this has been.
Zoë's tricks: Open-mouthed kisses, blowing kisses, hugs, raising her arms when we say "How big is Zoë--so big!" (she's actually been doing that for a while), saying "num num" whenever she wants to eat or nurse, saying "baby" (ok, only once, but it was twice in a row while looking at pictures of her and Avery!), standing by herself as long as she doesn't realize she's doing so, waving her head off to everyone, "ding-donging" belly buttons.
Zoë likes: other kids' toys, dogs (and animals in general), music, throwing things onto the floor--again and again and again, cuddling with Mama (yay! That's not over yet), trying new foods, the park, Finding Nemo, making friends with strangers while traveling, her grandparents, ripping off squares of toilet paper, her button necklace.
Zoë doesn't like: the feeling of grass or sand on her feet, sleeping in her own bed, not getting to try eating everything she sees other eat, having me in the backseat of the car and not taking her out of her seat.
5 comments:
It's hard to believe that an entire year has passed! I hope that you guys are having fun in Spain!
Finding Nemo was one of Keilani's favorites as well. Keaka's nephews had it memorized word for word when they lived with us we watched it so much.
Oh my goodness...it just looks so beautiful and magical there! I am green with envy. Maybe Zoe can tell Avery all about it when she gets back. Looks like you are having so much fun. I am glad you are blogging from Spain.
Isn't it amazing how a year went by so quickly! First off, I can't believe she'll sit down to watch a movie. I wish Joshua would stay still for more than two seconds for something (anything please!). Second, I can't believe you were able to get those gloves on her hands (in the book picture). That must have taken some skills on your part and cooperation on hers! Third, she's adorable...but I think you already knew that!
wow she has changed to so much! I can't believe it! What a cuttie face.
Post a Comment