We celebrated Zoë's first birthday the Sunday before we left since we would be in Spain on the actual day (today!).
I wanted to incorporate cherry blossoms into the party because one of my most vivid and magical memories of Zoë's birth was driving home with a new baby in the back of the car and noticing all around us that the blossoms on the trees had burst where none had been before.
Warning: What follows are way too many cupcake pictures. I realize this. It's just the first time I baked for a biggish event, so I had to document it.
I wanted to incorporate cherry blossoms into the party because one of my most vivid and magical memories of Zoë's birth was driving home with a new baby in the back of the car and noticing all around us that the blossoms on the trees had burst where none had been before.
Warning: What follows are way too many cupcake pictures. I realize this. It's just the first time I baked for a biggish event, so I had to document it.





Thanks to Leah for the last four pictures (she was using my camera, which really proves that the photographer is more important than her equipment)--I love the frosting in Zoë's eyelashes and I especially love the flock of women rushing in to help when her cake eating because traumatic (for an unknown reason). Not really lacking for attention this one.



Zoë wearing the button necklace I made to occupy her on the plane--I bought some of the butoons, but many were antiques from my mom's side of the family.

And then today, Zoë got another birthday party with our friends in Barcelona (La Garriga)!


Happy first birthday, my dear Zo-Zo! We can't believe a year has passed already. We love you so much.
3 comments:
The one of all the women flocking around her is my FAVORITE! I knew it the second I took it.
It was a delicious event and I'm so glad we could come. And member how I look like I hate Bev with a passion?
Happy Birthday, Zoe! I can't believe it's been a year either and that I have less than 3 months until Asher's birthday! Ah! Time, slow down!
ps....the party looked beautiful! well done.
That b-day party was amazing. Where are you getting all these antiques from? I want some.
Post a Comment