Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lunch in Tossa

This is Josh again with a quick story of, what was for me, the best day of the trip so far.

On Sunday, we went with Neus and Joan to have a picnic in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. The village is Tossa de Mar on the Catalan coast in Spain and it is just my kind of place: small, peaceful,and secluded.

We parked our car on the edge of the downtown area and made our way past hundreds of little shops and through a winding labyrinth of cobblestone streets. The village was charming enough, but nothing too special. Then, we rounded the last bend in the road and stood facing the beach. I was literally breathless.


We knew that we were going to the beach for a picnic, but I had no idea how amazing this beach would be. The view was picturesque: golden sand, a deep blue and rich turquoise sea, and large rocks jutting dramatically up from the water. Then, we walked out onto the sand and the place got somehow more amazing. Off to our right was a giant castle wall that was built into the cliff along the beach. This was a Spain I had never experienced.



We enjoyed our lunch and then hiked up the castle wall. On the other side were some of the most beautiful homes in the village and an amazing view.


Sometimes when you are away from the familiar for a while you have a tendency to get homesick. I can now safely say that If we never come back, come looking for us in Tossa de Mar.


9 comments:

Leah said...

My jealously level just went up 10 notches.

Elisa said...

Oh my Beautiful!!! So jealous! Have enough fun for all of us moms that don't get out enough!

ohana=)mama said...

Ahhh I would miss you if you NEVER can back. I'm so happy you're sharing your experiences with everybody. I am usually super out of my mind jealous whenever somebody gets to travel but when you write it's almost like I can picture it in my mind and can feel a little of what it must be like so instead of hating you I'm just so happy you shared!

Emily Anne said...

Gorgeous! Rachel, the picture of you holding Zoe on the beach is breathtaking - such a lovely mama you are. and such a sweet girl you have.

kelsey said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful there!

Ben and Lori said...

Umm... Beautiful!

Diana and Jon said...

im offended....not really...but kind of. I want to go to there

Joshua Ligairi said...

If it makes you feel any better, the most beautiful hotel on the beach in Tossa is called "Hotel Diana" and we're staying there for sure if we ever go back.

Joshua Ligairi said...

Revisiting this post made a bad day like today just melt away. That was a pretty good day. Why can't I live that day over, and over, and over...