Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm still laughing

Zoë's asleep. I'm sitting on the couch, working.

Something possesses Josh.

He stands up from his computer across the room and starts coming toward me with a scary martial arts-inspired look on his face and hands posed accordingly.

I'm scared. As he nears, he lifts a powerful leg in anticipation of a full-fledged kick to my pretend head.

Then my "fear" turns to muffled shrieks of laughter as his shin bone (inevitably) collides with the edge of the coffee table.

Good thing this particular reenactment was in slow motion. Otherwise, Josh would have been writhing on the living room floor in pain for longer than two mintues.

Though he claims that if that were the case, the coffee table is the one who wouldn't have survived.

2 comments:

Crolace said...

You have a pretend head?

Rachel Rowell said...

LOL. I didn't notice the pretend head part was worded wrong until you pointed it out crolace. I guess that's bc I always say things backwards anyway...

Anyway, I know you would have won against the coffee table Josh. You would have demolished it.