(I'm always incredibly flattered when people ask if we're sisters, a question we get surprisingly often. I wish we actually looked more alike.)Sharon is one of my oldest and bestest friends. I've done more snowboarding with her than probably anyone else and literally spent two months no further than about 10 feet away from her without going crazy (or even getting annoyed!) when she came to Spain with my family in 2000. I don't think I could do that with any other human being--sorry, Josh. She is one of the most kind, peacemaking, talented, level-headed, fun, genereous, and guileless people I know.
She's also become the economic crisis personified. Her and her husband, Bill (one of Josh's best friends from high school) have both recently been laid off. And they have a four-year-old daughter, Alex. What would you do if you suddenly had zero income? I can't even imagine.
The upside is that Sharon has now had time to start the blog and etsy shop she's been planning for a long time. Help her family out by spreading the word and buying her adorable cards here. And check out more designs and photos here. Want her official website? Here it is! Let her know if you happen upon any design or photography jobs too . . .
10 comments:
Thanks for the links! Sharon is one of the sweetest people. I really hope that things start to look up for her and her family. She is so talented, so maybe this will be a good way for her to show off and profit from her talents.
Sorry, Josh?! Wow, okay. I was planning on checking out these links, but now I'm not sure.
I'm glad you put the links on there. There were pictures of people I haven't seen in a long time. The first time I met Sharon she said she wanted to get into a fight. It scared me more than I'll admit.
I love Sharon! I agree, she is amazing. I didn't know they got layed off. I love her design stuff! I'll try and help spread the word too.
I actually wondered if she was your sister when I saw the photo too!
Darling cards!
Also, your zoe i just beautiful! I can see the rest of the photos from that last post now. And do you think that our babies resemble each other a bit? They have the exact same coloring. I just feel drawn to her...like I recognize her. Funny.
Well said. She's amazing.
Hmm, Sharonite. I've never used that one. Somehow I don't I even heard of it before either. I've always use sharon baron or something like that. I guess Sharonite makes her sounds righteous and stuff. I'm excited for her blog too, and also that she's finally started an etsy shop with her amazing designs.
Oh, and I think she may look more like you than me, even though I am her sister. But I guess I did see one of her long lost friends at work the other day and she asked if I was Sharon's sister so we've got to look somewhat alike.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. And thanks, Rachel, for helping to promote my sites.
I completely forgot about that phase where I thought I'd like to get into a fight so see what it was like. Sharonite!
Post a Comment