Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ten months old

I'm ten months old!

I like to help Mama do the dishes. Must . . . get . . . water.

This is the hat I wear after I go swimming. It warms up my cold head.

Since I learned how to clap so long ago, I show Mama how to clap with her hands now. She's getting better at it--just give her some time.

My hair is getting pretty long. That means that sometimes I wake up with emo haridos.

And after my bath I usually have a curly mohawk.

Speaking of baths, do you like my back?

This is one of my new favorite books to read while I'm air drying. Do you air dry? You should.

This is what my eyes look like in the sun. Sometimes people at the store ask Dada if I am really his baby. I hope I never grow up to be like people.

Did you know that Mama keeps my favorite food group--plastic--in this kitchen drawer? I'm big enough to get it myself now! I'll give you some for dessert if you come visit me.

Standing up is the only thing I like to do in my crib.

I also like to wear Grandma's earrings,

eat Dada's ice packs,

show off my fat thighs,

spend time in the sun,

and sneak in some TV watching after having woken up at night (with a sweaty head).

Also, this is my tongue. You know how I love it.

I make other funny faces too:




Ten months old today!


* * *

This month by far marked Zoë's fastest physical development. It's fun to have an active little human at our feet!

Zoë's tricks: Sitting up (I often find her sitting up eating the book I was reading when she wakes up from a nap), crawling!, pulling herself up, side-stepping around the coffee table, holding her breath for many seconds under water. She also makes this g-d-g-d-g-d sound now. It's pretty funny. And definitely says "mama." She can basically drink water from a normal cup too.

Zoë likes: Dive-bombing (off the bed, off the couch, onto me, etc.), dancing (she likes to Latin dance with my now), smack loudly and do all sort of tricks with her tongue, biting things (luckily not me usually) and pulling until they rip, grinding her teeth (make her stop!), running water, waking up with one hot, red cheek (okay, maybe I like that). Eating potatoes and carrots. She also really likes her "trusty rings." She plays with them in the bath, holds on to them while getting into her PJs and during bedtime stories, and keeps holding on to them while nursing and while she's sleeping.

Zoë doesn't like: Not getting her way (she's definitely throws fits now!), having to lie down, letting go temporarily of her trusty rings to get dressed, wacking her face on the side of stool, wacking her head on the side of the coffee table, floor, etc. (it's started to happen a lot).

12 comments:

Susie said...

Rachel, we could read the words but only 2 of the pictures come up. The pictures of her in the crib and making funny faces. Is it our computer?

Danielle said...

Gosh...isn't is amazing how fast they change! Once they get something...they get it! I can't believe our babies are almost a year old!!

Katrina said...

happy 10 months!

Rachel Mae said...

Photos should be fixed now--sorry!

Angie said...

The pictures aren't coming up...I want more!

Angie said...

There they are. Awesome! Does it amaze you haw fast 10 months can go? She's so darn cute!

Rachael said...

Wow--ten months already!! Crazy. And I love how she has almost twice as much hair as Juliet, despite the fact that she's half her age. :-)

kelsey said...

Oh, she is very cute! Does she have curly hair? It's adorable! Just look at her crib rails in a couple of weeks...we have found little chew marks going all the way around the crib!

Susie said...

I love the profile of her cheek in the photo where she is watcing tv. So perfectly and deliciously round!

Diana and Jon said...

So I think her blue eyes are to stay! Lucky! Where did she get those from...and her hair color? Her hair is getting so long with those cute little curls. We are coming into town on the 20th of march. I am so excited to see you guys!

Diana and Jon said...

So I think her blue eyes are to stay! Lucky! Where did she get those from...and her hair color? Her hair is getting so long with those cute little curls. We are coming into town on the 20th of march. I am so excited to see you guys!

Sharon said...

Those are really cute pics, Rach!