Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nine months old

I'm nine months old!

I'm big enough to sit in a high-chair and eat crackers at restaurants now. For some reason, Dada kept telling me to say "I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse" while I was sitting here. He's crazy.

I met some friends at the restaurant, but I don't really get what I'm supposed to do with friends. I can't suck on them or anything.

I went to my friend Anne's art opening. I'm very sophisticated in my taste.

I helped Dada shovel a lot of snow. His scarf kept my well-endowed cheeks warm, and my head kept his cheeks warm. Shoveling is easy.


I grabbed Mama's piece of black licorice and found something I really like besides milk. Mama says I have good taste.


There's nothing like playing with a rubber ducky in the bath.

How would you like to open a present to find me inside? I bet you'd be pretty excited.

I coordinated my outfit with Mama one Sunday.


Hi.

This is the face I make when I'm really excited. Also, sometimes I poop on all of my clothes except my sweater.

This is the face I make when I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed a lot lately.


Don't I look cozy?

Here are the scrubs Grandma Jane got me. Yeah, I'm qualified to wear them. M.D.? Milk Drinker? Helloooo!

Here I am in the hat Grandma Q. made for me--this time she made sure it was plenty big for my genius-sized head. Also, I love this measuring cup. So. much.

This picture makes my mouth water.

I love to cuddle with Mama. Don't you wish you could cuddle with a cow?


Nine months old today!

* * *

I can't believe Zoë has now been outside of me as long as she was inside. We sure love her. She just gets more and more fun.

Zoë's tricks: Any time she hears music she immediately starts "dancing" by moving her torso to the beat and nodding her head. Also, any time she hears the words "yay!" she claps. High, high screeching has accompanied "ba ba ba," "ga ga ga," and a soft "ta ta ta." She points to herself with a flat hand (sometimes) when we say "Zoë." Anytime she finds herself on her back, she attempts to sit up using only her stomach muscles--no arms. She gets this really strained look on her face and actually make it up pretty far. Once or twice she has nearly sat up on her own by hesitatingly relying on one arm. She goes from sitting up position to hands and knees and rocks (getting ready to crawl soon!) and she can basically pull herself up into a standing position. She can scoot around on her tummy and grab things. All in all, for not crawling yet, she is much more mobile.
Zoë likes: Sitting or standing. Buttons, paper, tags--the usual. Her red phone. Dancing to Michael Jackson's "Wanna be startin' somethin'" (and to a lesser degree "Beat it" and "Thriller") with Josh. Sitting in the shopping cart at the grocery store. Chewing on her rubber duck's head. Swimming. Bathtime. Working on her "computer" next to me while I'm working. Grandparents. Biting me when she's bored of nursing.
Zoë doesn't like: Walks (too cold!). Lying down for any reason. Reading books without chewing on them. Church (unless she's being held by Kristin). Not being entertained.
(Why won't Blogger let me left align the above text? Arg!)

9 comments:

Rachael said...

ooh, just wait until she starts crawling! it's like this whole new (slightly panicky) stage of parenting. especially when she starts pulling up...or pulling everything out of every bookcase within sight.

adorable photos and great text, as always!

Susie said...

ok-dad and I were just laughing our heads off. We love Zoë´s 'voice'. Thanks for the great update!

Katrina said...

Happy 9 months! Darling as always.

Blue Cheese said...

I can't believe Piglet is 9 months old. Where has the time gone? And what did we do without her?!?

Rachel Rowell said...

I love these "monthly" posts of her! I kept smiling while I was reading and looking at all her cuteness!

Noah, Nikki and Tristan said...

Has it been nine months? That's crazy! I guess time flies when it is someone else. She is beautiful, and I can't believe how light her hair is! Genetics are so random. : )

kelsey said...

It goes by so fast! She is adorable. They just love to eat the shoes don't they!

Kory said...

I appreciate the picture in the background of the Godfather reference picture. And I love that your mom went platinum. It looks great.

Angie said...

She's so cute, I love her.