Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy inuaguration!

It was a happy day indeed.
I haven't felt so patriotic in years.
What a great speech.
What a great president.

Hooray!

And in the spirit of happy, here were the things that made me laugh from the ceremony:

The pronunciation of "Malia" and "Sasha" in the first prayer. My mom, who was watching with her second graders, said they all repeated "Sasha" immediately after he said it. Who didn't?

The benediction ending with "we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around ... when yellow will be mellow ... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right."

And to celebrate this historic day, we (well, mostly Josh) spent way too long tonight making these:
(You can make your own here.)

Finally, not only do we have a at least four years of great leadership ahead of us, we also have at least four years to make up new words containing the name "Obama." Have you noticed that it's particularly easy to do so? For instance, I'm "Obamamama" to "Zoebama."

Can you tell I'm a little giddy?

4 comments:

Rachael said...

please tell me those pictures/posters are going to wind up printed out on your walls somewhere. those are too classic to go to waste!

Kiera said...

LOVE the pics. I may need to make one of my own! The day was truly grand! I was so happy to spend part of it with you guys! It feels so good to be proud to be an American again. I had forgotten.

Susie said...

wow-can we please get a copy of each of those pictures? They are absolutely fantastic!!!!! You guys look amazing in them.

I too feel hopeful about the next four years.

Susie said...

cutest little baby beluga be the way.