Monday, January 12, 2009

Milkaholic

[Recently overheard]

Hi, my name is Zoë. I'm a milkaholic.

(Group response: Hi, Zoë.)

At first, I started drinking socially--you know, to hang out with Mommy. You guys know Mommy, right?

But then I started wanting milk all the time: when I was hungry, when I was thirsty, when I was bored, when I got hurt, when I was scared, when I was lonely. You name it.

I drink milk lying down and sitting up.

I'm embarrassed to say that sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night and drink milk. In bed! In the dark! Sometimes I drink so much that I throw it up afterwards.

Don't try inviting me to a formal event. I'll end up screaming for milk half way through. I've crashed many a Sacrament meeting and concert. I've also made Daddy come home half-way through a shopping trip by pretending I was mortally wounded, when really I just wanted some milk.

I've tried turning to solid food instead, but it's just not the same. I always end up going back to milk. That creamy, warm, delicious . . . what was I saying?

Sometimes I can't leave Mommy's side at all. Because even if I'm not drinking milk, I'm thinking about it and I want to make sure it's available within diving distance.

Anyway, I know that at these meetings, you guys always say I need to turn to a higher power, but all I can say is that the only higher power I know is also my milk supplier!

So, to end, I've been sober for about twenty minutes now, but I don't think it's going to last much longer.

See you next week.

(Lest you get the wrong idea, I love the fact that Zoë is a milkaholic. I don't even mind the night feedings.)

10 comments:

Ben and Lori said...

The new picture at the top looks really awesome. Did you do it? Very cool anyway.

Rachel Mae said...

Yeah, I did. Thanks!

Kiera said...

Love the new header!!! And Love the milkaholic confessional. Very funny!

nichole said...

so funny...

ahhh the days when a meal was just a person away.

Danielle said...

Hahaha! I think Avery needs to join up too. Funny.

Love your new header!

Rachael said...

I just love babies, period. Even though nursing isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world, I love cuddling that little fat warm bundle of baby. And those groggy milky smiles when they're finished are priceless (although I do NOT like night feedings).

Katrina said...

So cute. Man I Love her eyelashes!

I'm glad you love nursing so much. I get sad when I think about women I know who don't like it. I think nursing is magical.

also love the new header.

Angie said...

I love these types of posts from you. I like your new blog look. I love seeing your family pictures. I think you guys did a nice job! I was really good to see you and spend New Years Eve with our good friends. Miss you, Angie

Rachel Rowell said...

Very cute post as usual. I love the line "I've been sober for 20 minutes". LOL

Rachel Rowell said...

Oh, and Joshua didn't seem to be much of a milkaholic (he'd much rather play) until I decided to work on weaning. Now he doesn't want to give it up at all and wants to eat more than he ever did...though after about 30 seconds he's interested in playing again.