Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas

Against all odds during one of the driest years I can member, Christmas was gloriously white this year.


Zoë did a lot of this (tearing and eating of wrapping paper).

And a surprisingly small amount of this (reacting normally to three consecutive naps missed).


This was our main present to her, which she loved: a "jumpster" that attaches to a doorway.


And this is evidence that she was the only child around on Christmas morning: adults huddled around said child in jumpster.

Overall, our Christmas was as fun as this looks. (I imagine Zoë and Grandma Jane dancing LeChaim (To Life!) from Fiddler on the Roof in this picture).

Resolutions for Christmases to come: Buy a big enough house to host Christmas for my and Josh's families simultaneously (we love seeing them both, but the running back and forth gets ridiculous sometimes), make more presents by hand, follow or create more traditions to partake of throughout the season, send Christmas cards, focus more on Christ.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I support your idea of buying a bigger house so we can all play there.

Susie said...

Besides the baby pictures being my favorite, I love the window pictures.

ohana=)mama said...

I love the window picture as well. Your pictures tell the story along with your words. You have a gift for self expression and I love reading pretty much anything you write.

kelsey said...

Those jumpers are so much fun! How true about her being the only baby...it's funny to see everyone standing around a cute baby in a jumper!