Monday, May 5, 2008

Pictures galore

Well, the first week has passed and Zoë's doing great. I'm just barely surviving breastfeeding--it's been like labor dished out in small doses, but I've been in touch with a lactation consultant and have a plan in place that will hopefully help. Since I'm typing with one hand, I'm going to stop now and give you what you really want anyway--pictures.

First bath.

Her head is in there somewhere. This has been so nice.

A spontaneous wave (or dance move).

Ready for her first walk.

One week old to the minute (and red-faced from eating.)

This one makes me laugh.
Her favorite tongue position.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

yeah i hear you on breastfeeding. i was reciting to myself today while i fed juliet "three...more...months. i can do it." hope it gets better for you soon! and btw, she is just darling. keep the pictures coming!

Leah said...

You even got a smiling picture! Nursing-yep, it's no fun in the beginning. I just finished with Lucy, it has be glorious to say the least. Hang in there.

AubreyB said...

Ditto on the above comments. I don't know why people don't talk about how painful it is at first (or at least no one told me). The pain finally deadened at about 6 weeks for me (sorry if that seems like forever away right now) so hopefully you will feel better soon!

Blue Cheese said...

Can't really comment on the breastfeeding part, but can say that I love the pictures! She's already so big/different from when I left!!

Ben and Lori said...

She is so beautiful!! She looks a lot like you. Sorry that breastfeeding isn't going so hot. Now that Bridger is 8 1/2 months it is a million and half times better than in those early days, but in the beginning I would practically get an anxiety attack each time I had to feed him. So, I hear ya, hang in there, it gets better for sure.

Steve and Steph said...

SOOO precious! She is a doll! We had a similar birth schedule, but I used drugs. My hat is off to you! That back labor is seriously the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life. You are a champion! Congrats on Zoe! I love her name! Enjoy every minute...they grow too fast.

ohana=)mama said...

Thank you for posting the new pics I have been dying to see them!!! So cute!

ohana=)mama said...

It takes a real woman to breastfeed! It certainly isn't for whimps! Don't worry it doesn't hurt so much after a while..... It does get better! It does! I remember crying so many times in the beginning! I also remember those happy bonding ultimate joy and love moments and it really makes it all worth it! It's actually the best thing ever once you get in the grove of things!!! You can do it = ) I know you can.

Best wishes to you and your boos!