Friday, May 23, 2008

One month old

Zoë is one month old today! I can't believe it. All of the sudden she seems huge too. She takes up a lot more of her bassinet and is starting to fit into some of her clothes, which up until recently have all been too big for her.


Zoë's tricks: She can now--after much effort and concentration--turn her head from one side to the other while on her tummy. She sounds pretty frustrated the whole time she's doing it and spends a good couple of minutes face-down rooting on the blanket or one of our chests before finally getting the noggin' over to the other side, but she makes it eventually. She is also starting to track faces, though not very often. She prefers looking at windows and blinds right now. She is really good at sticking her tongue out extremely far.


Zoë likes: Brief abut frequent meals and nap times. Humming while gulping down milk. Making cooing noises while sleeping. Making goat noises. Being held. Taking baths. Keeping her tongue visible at all times. Sleeping with her arms above her head. Lying on daddy's chest. Curling up her frog legs. Big yawns. Making an "O" with her lips while pooping.


Zoë doesn't like: Spitting up. Burps in her tummy. Feeling unsupported on her changing table (and so flinging her arms and legs out--the Moro reflex). Having to wait for milk. Clothes being put on over her head.

We think she's pretty cute even when she's crying.

5 comments:

Angie said...

The infant noises and frog legs. Some of my favorite things about having a baby. She is the cutest little girl. I can't wait to hold her.

ohana=)mama said...

Both of my kids just loved staring at lights, or ceiling fans. I remember holding Keilani so many nights at 4am staring at the Christmas lights. And sometimes just sometimes when I'm not so busy chasing them I wish oh if I could only have just one last chance to hold my babies and stare at the Christmas lights,just the two of us nobody else. My tiny little babies!!! Soak it in, it just won't last nothing lasts but the memories and they are sweet. She is such a sweetie!

Ben and Lori said...

Did you take those pictures they are really cute. I can't believe it has been a month already. Feels like yesterday.

kelsey said...

Wow, it goes by so fast doesn't it?! She is so cute!

Katrina said...

What a beauty!