Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Second Week

Well, it's true what they say--that each day things get a little easier. During the second week, Zoë got on a 3-hour schedule of sorts, I managed to do things like shower, go on a walk or two, clean the house once in a while, etc. And I started to realize how fast this is all going to go! While this phase is hard, I'm really enjoying my little newborn girl because I know she won't be newborn for long.

At her 2 week appointment, she weighed in at 7lbs 4 oz (3 oz over her birth weight) and we can tell she's getting fatter cheeks already--bring on the fat cheeks! She also measured 19.5 inches (though I'm skeptical about the precision of those length measurements).

In terms of disposition, I think we've really lucked out. Zoë rarely, rarely cries (knock on wood). If I let her go too long when she wants to eat, she'll cry, but other than that, she sleeps and stares. We've had countless nurses, etc. express amazement at how serene she is.

As far as milestones, her cord stub has fallen off and she's had her first "real" bath (though it didn't last long since she promptly pooped in the water).



We can't get enough of those towel pictures.

One of her rare unhappy moments, but this dress--brought to her from Hawaii by a neighbor--is too cute.

Diana bought Zoë this dress and I love it--that and her 80's sweat band and sweet pose.

Can you tell I'm already having fun dressing her up?

6 comments:

Angie said...

She is soooo cute. Beautiful! It IS so crazy how fast it goes.

Jeff said...

Too cute!! I love that you show so many pictures. I don't get to see her as much as I would like because of life and so these help.

Katrina said...

She's a doll! A real-life, eating, pooping, sleeping, crying doll! :-) Oh, and I'm glad you went to the lactation specialist and are feeling better. Do have the La Leche League breastfeeding book? My mom bought it for me and it's fantastic. (Not that I have and real experience yet.) The books has lots of tips on holds and latching on etc.

kelsey said...

Wow, she is just adorable! I can't get over how tiny she is too! The poop in the bathtub (and on the way to the bathtub) thing is something that you will have to get used to. Seems like they save it up for the minute that the diaper comes off.

ohana=)mama said...

She is a doll! Of course I completely expected her to be! I'm happy you're getting into the swing of things and that you are showering! That's always a plus being a mommy! I can't wait until I get to see her little self face to face.

ohana=)mama said...

How could you not have fun dressing her! She is adorable! And so many cute outfits as well. Ooohh La La!