Sunday, May 18, 2008

My new life

In case you're wondering how I'm spending my maternity leave with all of this free time on my hands, here is a typical daily schedule:

10 am Get out of bed.
10–11 Feed and change Zoë.
11–1 Shower, eat, start cleaning house.
1–2 Feed and change Zoë.
2–4 Finish cleaning house, do some laundry, check email or blog, or go on a walk.
4–5 Feed and change Zoë.
5–7 Hang out at hospital.
7–8 Feed and change Zoë (at the hospital).
8–9 More hanging out at the hospital.
9–10 Eat dinner.
10–11 Feed and change Zoë.
11–1 Sleep.
1–2 Feed and change Zoë.
2–4 Sleep.
4–5 Feed and change Zoë.
5–7 Sleep.
7–8 Feed and change Zoë.
8–10 Sleep.

So, basically I am getting 8 hours of sleep, just in 2 hour stretches. Though last night, Zoë slept from 2:30 to 6am! It felt amazing to get 3.5 hours of sleep in one stretch. Also, virtually all the diaper changing--Josh does it. So nice.

Finally, though I was looking forward to lots of reading during breastfeeding, that's going to have to wait until it's less of a two-hand operation. Also, late-night feedings lend themselves more to TV watching I've decided. So, what is your favorite TV show to watch on DVD? I may have already made my way through it, but if not, there are several hours of the day I can devote to a new show.

6 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

Arrested Development, for sure. The episodes are less than 30 minutes long, so they're the perfect length. Plus, it's hilarious. That or the British version of The Office. Those would be my picks :).

Danielle said...

sorry for being such a blog stalker...but I just feel like everything you write...I am just right there with you! That is my exact schedule too. Except the hospital part?

And I am currently watching Arrested development on DVD and The Office (and the British version is SO funny)...so I agree with your friend. Also if you like Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice is always good (and long and they have it at Costco). Good luck.

Also I am super curious about what you are eating while breastfeeding and does your baby have gas? Mine does.

Jason & Shannon said...

Rachel! I am so excited to see you have a blog, I hope you don't mind. I love all of the pictures, your baby is so beautiful!

Rachel Mae said...

Unfortunately, we had already watched (and loved) Arrested Development, The Office (American & British), Extras, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, Lost, Heroes, Prison Break, The Unit, and Big Love in the years before the baby was born. We are trying out 24, Ugly Betty, and The Wire with varying degrees of interest. We'll probably end up trying Flight of the Concords and House soon. Any other suggestions?

Jason & Shannon said...

House is amazing! (I have seasons 1-3 if you don't have them and want to borrow them).

kelsey said...

Those night feedings will start to taper off...it's so nice when they do. Seems like I remember talking about Lost at your shower, so I imagine you are caught up on that show. Have you seen Heroes?