
I have been anticipating Christmas more than ever this year--can I blame that on hormones too? Anyway, we picked out a tree last week but didn't get around to decorating it until last night. It smells heavenly and makes me so happy to be at home.
As a kid, most every year, we would get a new ornament for the tree. Plus I have lots of ornaments given to me throughout the years by grandparents and friends. Since Josh and I have been married, we've tried to buy an ornament or two every time we go on a trip. We now have quite the eclectic collection, but I wouldn't trade it for a more Martha Stuart-ish version for the world. What are your Christmas tree traditions? (Scroll down for San Diego pictures.)
5 comments:
After all those great San Diego pictures you post this crappy phone-cam shot of your tree? Sheesh.
I'm enough of a Scrooge I threaten that I won't buy a tree until the lots are giving them away on Christmas Eve. Kate and the kids all know that I'll cave as soon as they ask, but I have my paternal cred to keep up.
Bah humbug, etc.
Your tree kind of looks like ours. I should post a pic. I love the smell of a real Christmas tree. Mmmm...
Not from the phone, but criticism taken--I'll get a better one up. It's hard sans tripod to get a picture that makes the lights look pretty and isn't so blurry.
I used to be that way about trees, but we would always end up getting one anyway, so now I just consider it one of my Christmas presents and make sure I get it early enough to get my money's worth.
After getting the tree all decorated, the final touch when I was growing up was always putting the star on top. My dad would lift me up high so I could put it on. This year was the first year we had our own tree and our own star. So Will was very excited about having Aaron lift him up high and put the star on top. And it was very nostalgic for me to watch my son so excited about a simple tradition I loved as a child.
I feel the same way,
Our tree is a combination of baby's first christmas, wedding bells and gift exchange. It doesn't really have a particular theme but I love the memory.
That's the way it should be.
Post a Comment