I'm a little late on this one, but here goes:
What Was I Doing 10 Years Ago?
I was a junior in high school, getting ready to move to the Dominican Republic with my family for a semester. I hadn't quite yet decided to break up with the really bad boy I was dating, but that would come soon. I was also soon to transition from a horrible phone job to working with friends at what was then Zuka Juice. My life was looking up, even if I didn't know it yet.
What Was I Doing 5 Years Ago?
I was just a little more than 2 weeks away from getting engaged and madly in love with the man I'd been dating for 2 1/2 years. I was living at home in my blue and green room, likely working on papers for British lit, Shakespeare, and Literature and Film classes and looking forward to Christmas.
What Was I Doing 1 Year Ago?
I was still recovering from a work trip to Spain, Belgium, and the Netherlands, which put me very behind in the two classes I was teaching (in addition to my full-time job). So, grading.
What Was I Doing Yesterday?
Designing covers for the next CultureGrams print edition at work, grading personal essays after work, watching The Office (I've finally been converted to the American version), and knitting.
5 Snacks I Enjoy
Bananas in anything. Cheese...yum. Dried mangoes. Can Indian food count as a snack? Herbal tea.
5 Things I Would Do if I Had a Million Dollars
Buy a great, historic house. Take a trip to the other side of the world. Fund one of Josh's (low budget) feature films. Buy a Prius. Put the rest away for retirement/savings (what rest? I spent that fast).
5 Places I Would Run Away To
For comfort, my parents' house. For romance, the bell tower. For nostalgia, Berkeley. For adventure, Fiji. For assurance, the midwives' office.
5 T.V. Shows I Like
Lost, Arrested Development, The Office (I'm counting the British and American versions as one), Monk, Big Love (I know, I know. I thought it would be awful too, but it's really good). (And Seinfeld goes without saying.)
5 Things I Hate Doing
Grading. Waiting. Cleaning the bathroom floor. Shopping for jeans. Taking off my shoes in the airport.
5 Biggest Joys of the Moment
Feeling the baby move (maybe?). Teasing Josh--and getting teased back. Christmasing up the house. Spending time with family and friends. Feeling cozy.
I'm opening this up to anyone who feels like doing it. The 10- and 5-year questions were especially interesting to think about for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment