Friday, December 7, 2007

CS3 logo, or I'm a nerd

Today I downloaded a trial of Adobe Illustrator CS3. And I hate the new logo.

All of the Illustrator documents on my desktop went from looking like this:

To this (though at a better resolution, of course):
It's sort of weird that I don't like the switch. In general, I would describe my aesthetics as modern and minimalist (hence my lack of blog design...well, that's one excuse anyway). And though I used to hate the color orange, I've recently started digging it. Plus, I understand the motivation behind the new design: it's very Web 2.0-ish (check out the Blogger logo for one example) and suggests that the Adobe products are "elemental" for a designer.

But references to the periodic table or no, it just doesn't look pretty anymore. I miss my flowers.

And, yes, I'm a total nerd.

1 comment:

ohana=)mama said...

I totally agree. I am completely with you on this one.

What were they thinking?