Monday, November 5, 2007

My superpowers


Superpowers gained during pregnancy
1. Smell: Last night we pulled up into the driveway of my parents' house and before stepping out of the car--with windows closed--I could smell what they had made for lunch. Luckily, it smelled good.
2. Automatic wake-ups: For most of my pregnancy, my eyes have flown open at 3am, unaided by an alarm clock. I then stay awake for an hour or two. Body's preparations for the schedule to come?
3. Unlimited capacity for bread and cheese: In any form. But nothing else. No veggies, please. Yuck.
4. Increased bustiness: I know it's temporary, so I'm enjoying this superpower while it lasts.
5. Ability to cry on demand: Okay, not on demand, but Rocky played in the new "cardio cinema" room at the gym will do it. That's basically on demand.
6. Sleep immunity: I can sleep 12 to 14 hours a night and still sleep some more! I can handle any amount of sleep you throw at me.

Will someone please explain to me why there are no pregnant women on Heroes?

I'm going to make the most of these powers before they fade away come May 7...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

oh, this made me laugh!

pregnancy superpowers. love it.

just wait until your baby is born and you develop spiderman-like hearing. you'll say "did you hear that?" and josh will say "no!" and you'll go into the baby's room and find that a fly landed on the crib. something like that.

Blue Cheese said...

Is it possible to develop sympathy superpowers if a friend is expecting? (Waking at 1:30 is not fun.)

Angie said...

I totally had super-human sense of smell. One time (while I was pregnant) Jeremy took a trip to Florida with his dad. When he came home he had eaten so much seafood that he smelled like seafood (his hair, breath, skin, ect.) for a good week. You know how much I love seafood. I gagged all the time changing the boys diapers. I threw up from strong smells. Just to warn you, the ability to cry on demand sticks around after you have the baby too. Jenna's 4-months now and I can still do it:)

ohana=)mama said...

You're hilarious. I love it. Jimmy's almost 2yrs and I still have the ability to cry on demand at times. I now have acquired a new super power of waiting until everyone’s asleep.

Susie said...

Okay,

I chortled and belly-laughed through this entire post. (I had to ask Jeff the proper term for what I just read. I was going to call it an article or essay but somehow grokked that neither was quite correct.) Guess I have Grandma superpowers to ignore anything associated with technology!
With teen-agers I gave birth to,I have the superpower of staying awake until they are home no matter how tired I am. Jeff falls asleep.
It's cool to call it a superpower instead of a co-dependent worry-wart characteristic.