Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Josh found the camera cord! So get ready for pictures from all of the Halloween events we attended this year: a Provo Film Society (PFS) screening of Shaun of the Dead at Kristin's house, a party at Katri and Scott's house, and giving out candy at our house. Have I mentioned that Halloween is Josh's favorite holiday? He had to make due with All Saint's Day in Belgium last year, so he was doubly excited for this year.

Diana and Jon made tasty zombie fingers for the PFS screening. They looked so good I couldn't bring myself to try one...


...but Josh did.


Scott and Katri always throw great parties and this one was no exception. Lots of yummy food.


Me, Kristin--the perfect Dorothy!--Katri, and Diana.


Beautiful ceiling décor. This is staying up all year long.


A pumpkin-spider fight. Who will win?


I bet you didn't know skeletons had such luscious lips...


...or that they needed food.



Truly frightening.


Someone put the lid on this caramel-filled pumpkin wrong. And this technologically advanced homeless guy spent roughly 40 minutes trying to get it off (20 of which were spent doubled over in a kitchen corner). But he was successful in the end! Who says the homeless don't work hard? (By the way, I really don't say that.)


The coolest decoration at the party? The eyes in this painting actually moved!


Me in my full black-widow splendor. My mom made me a similar costume when I was 6 or 7 (though it was all tights and leotards back then--I thought I'd spare you that). Josh and I spent too long on Saturday recreating that costume, but I did get respect from trick-or-treaters. Those dressed up like Spider Man were especially impressed with my arachnid-ness.


The one-toothed terror I carved.


Josh's recreation of the Halloween pumpkin. ("It's like having a prop from the movie at my house!")


And that was our Halloween. Hope you all had fun.

No comments: