Saturday, January 2, 2010

Luxembourg

Luxembourg City is the most amazing place to enter by train. After a ride through idyllic fields and many tunnels, you turn the corner to an amazing view of a city nestled on top and at the base of stunning cliffs.

Our hotel, however, was not located in such an idyllic spot, as we soon realized upon walking down the street to take some photos for my job. The guy sitting in the chair had had his throat slit, died, and was resuscitated on the street. So: take a train to Luxembourg, but don't stay in a hotel next to the train station.

It's hard to tell from this picture, but these people totally matched the purple and gray collars on their dogs. We ran into them all over town, but I never got a great picture.

A stroller loaded up at the Saturday morning market.

Can you see the spider web?

This is one of the many people I stopped on the street and asked to photograph (I had completely lost my inhibitions by this point.) And guess who he turned out to be? The chaplain to the grand duke (the leader of the country)!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

here is my most vivid memory of luxembourg--sitting on the balcony listening to the church bells ringing while consuming an entire baguette and jar of Nutella. By myself. Heaven.

Joshua Ligairi said...

That city was so beautiful. I was just so over it by this point. Walking around the wall was fun, but for the most part, I just wanted to get back home to the United States.

Ben and Lori said...

I cannot see the spider web. It's bugging me.