Guess who turned 20 months old on Christmas?

That's right--me, the one with the upside down sunglasses. I prefer them that way.

See?

I really love reading books. One of my favorite places to go is the library (but the "kid" computer I get to bang on there is a major attraction too, I won't lie).

Sometimes I like to just bury myself in pillows and blend in to the couch.

And other times I like to wear any random thing I can find on my head.

Of course I know how to say "iPod."

For some reason I trip a lot when I go running.

I have very strong opinions about what I want to wear now and like to pick out my own clothes. Can you tell?

Can you tell now? (Yes, that's a Nemo swimming suit beneath the awesome 80s vest my cousins sent me.)

Did you know I'm really good at panting like a puppy?

My favorite thing to do is go feed the "nay nays" (Mommy calls them horses) that live by my Oma's house--no matter what time of day.

I'm really good at singing the "Snowman" song, and the fact that I can almost reach my hands together over the top of my not insubstantial head really adds to the "tall, tall, tall" line.

Who doesn't love to sit in boxes? I bet you're sitting in one right now.

Christmastime was exciting because it meant I got to see my Aunt D!

And I got to help Dada decorate Great-Grandma and -Grandpa's house.

Did you know I'm really good at giving kisses now? I pucker right up.

This is basically my favorite place in the whole world (the shower at Grandma's house, where I sit at every opportunity) and two of my favorite things--a nay nay and Mama. This was such a great Christmas Eve activity. You should do it next year.

I'm sitting on the stairs with all my cousins on Christmas morning, but I'm not sure why . . .

After two Christmas mornings and too many presents,

I was pretty overwhelmed.
* * *
Do they get any funnier than they are at this age? They probably do, but I can't imagine it. And so sweet. And so loving. And so nice. And just enough tantrum throwing to remind us that she's almost two.
Zoë's tricks: Hitting some of the numbers and some of the letters when we count to ten or sing ABCs. Singing most of the words to "Ba ba black sheep" (it's hilarious). Feeding herself (she's done this for a long time, but she's getting so good with a spoon now). Remembering crazy details--people we talked about, things I told her I was going to do, etc. She's constantly surprising me. Staying in nursery! (This one is a relief.)
Zoë likes: HORSES. Beyond likes--completely obsessed. I don't know where this equine love came from, but maybe it's genetic because both of her grandmas were the same way as kids. Her favorite thing to do is watch the scene in Spirit where he jumps across a canyon. She yells "wahoo!" Candy. She didn't even know the word before Christmas. Now she's fluent in the language of sugar. Other kids!! Especially 4-6 year old girls. She wants to hold hands with them and do everything they're doing. She was in utter heaven when her cousins were visiting for X-mas. I thought I'd never hear her say another word besides "Abbi" again. My complete attention at all times. No matter what she's doing, she wants me sitting next to her doing it with her. If I stray for a moment, she comes up to me and says "hand" and leads me to wherever she wants to go. The library. Trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue. Driving the "car" shopping cart at the store. Putting her head on the ground, reaching through her legs, and getting flipped right-side up. Singing "skittamarinkadinkadink" while we dance around the kitchen and she hugs me and pats my back and croons "I ove you!" (can this particular like last forever, please?).
Zoë doesn't like: Having to leave aforementioned kids. Having dirty hands. Doors being left open. One pant leg up. (Yes, I'm seeing a pattern here.) Having to wear a pair of pants or shoes she didn't pick out. Sitting still.


2 comments:
Zoe is a complete and total doll!! Im so glad you are enjoying every minute with her because unfortunately it doesn't last forever and its not fair. This age must be why people continue to have kids....
I love these posts. She is adorable and you are so funny!
Post a Comment