Thursday, December 24, 2009

Co-sleeping nativity

When Zoë was looking at the nativity scene at her great-grandma's house the other day, she was very confused and distressed by the fact that baby Jesus had to lie by himself in his own bed. She really wanted his mama to be going night-night with him. And, while we're at it, his dada should lie down too. And they all need a blanket! We ended up with a co-sleeping nativity scene, where baby Jesus is also enjoying a nice drink of milk. I agree that it looks a lot more cozy:


Also, we saw the Christus at Temple Square last night, which Zoë immediately identified as "ho ho ho." Christ and Santa are, of course, quite existentially similar, so she's not getting the religious and material portions of Christmas mixed up--she's just displaying her philosophical aptitude.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Probably closer to the historical reality. Out of the mouth of babes...

Joshua Ligairi said...

Why do I feel like this is in our future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74&feature=related

Crolace said...

I couldn't believe how big Zoe had gotten when I saw you guys on Monday! I think that was the first time I'd met her.