Zoë was looking through photos with me to print off for her great-grandma for Christmas. She is, of course, in many of them. If I point to her and ask her who that is, she always says "baby."Well, today when I pointed to the one above, she said "Woe" [Woah-y]. I've been curious how she would say the Z. I love how Ls and Cs are Ys ("yight" for "light" and "yay" for "cry"), Gs are Ds ("Dandma" for "Grandma"), etc.
My little girl knows her name!
4 comments:
Yay! (as in "hooray," not as in "cry")
I replaces "ch"s with "st"s and Js with Zs until I was about 6. I couldn't even hear the difference.
How exciting! Such a huge step.
I really love these stories- it make it easier to live vicariously.
Justin says the offer stands... We will take her whenever you are done. ;)
I love the pic of me and Woah-y. Beautiful. Thank you!
Dang, I thought was going to be a blog about Zoë Bell. I love that our daughter can say her name now, but I want to write a blog post about her name SAKE. You know, it could have been a lot classier with a JD Saliger reference if you'd been willing to go with the "Zooey" spelling. Now, she'll grow up with a reference (at least in my mind) to a butt-kicking stuntwoman--which is actually pretty awesome too. Have you ever seen the Double Dare trailer? http://www.doubledarethemovie.com/trailer_web.html
Post a Comment