My sister Diana was in town last week. It was so much fun. Zoë loved hanging out with her. Come back soon, Diana! (Incidentally, I found out I can say anything I want about Diana because she "doesn't read the words" on my blog, just looks at pictures. Diana you are a banana . . . nah nah nah nah nah.)

Since Josh has roots in Hawaii . . .
. . . I thought I'd surprise him with a Tiki lounge birthday party (thanks to our neighbors Dean and Bev, who have converted their garage into a cute "tiki lounge") on Friday. There was pool playing, limbo-ing, piñata hitting (and kicking), and surfing movie watching. Great fun. And he was very surprised.
Then on Saturday, we got all dressed up to go to Katri and Scott's formal dinner at the Haunted Haycock Mansion.
Notice Josh's new haircut? (He likes getting such haircuts this time of year because people can think they're for Halloween if they want to. Though they're not. I think asymmetrical looks smashing on him.)
It was really nice to enjoy lots of adult conversation, gourmet food, and a lovely setting, though I did run back to the house twice to nurse someone back to sleep. Luckily, the Haunted Haycock Mansion is close to our house.
And I got a haircut. Nothing nearly as exciting as Josh's--pretty much an update of the same 'do I've had for a couple years now. But the shorter length was much needed since all my hair is falling out since having Zo
ë. Will it ever end? Will it ever come back?
Okay, all that's done. Now I can move on.
6 comments:
Correction, I do read the words when my name is in bold and red! I love your new hair cut! it is so cute. That makes me want to have longer hair. You look so pretty in that formal....and so skinny. I had a lot of fun out there, hopefully I will be back for Christmas.
First off you look absolutely drop dead gorgeous having a baby or not. If you didn't have Zoe on your hip you'd never guess.
The party sounds great I wish I could have been there.
The new cut looks great and yes your hair will stop falling out. I lost my hair too.
Rachel you look amazing!!
Just caught up on your blog Rachel. Always a joy. I can't believe Zoe is 6 months. That is crazy! Reminds me again how fast it goes and I need to just savor this little new one I have. I love the new hair cut and the party for Josh sounded dfun. Wish we could have made it. And I read your breastfeeding post and once again relate completely. I had mastitis 5 times with Parker and had a really hard time with soreness- totally related to the latch on and count and then uncurl your toes. But I totally gained a testimony of it too- even got through the "not enough milk" thing I thought I would battle to find out I did have enough. anyway, just interesting how much I relate to so much of what you say. Fun to hear what you guys are up to..
Erin
I love your hair and Diana banana's too. And Josh does look very handsome with his new do....
I'm digging both of your hairdos.
Post a Comment