Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Six months old

I'm six months old!
I've been a busy girl:

I visited Daddy on his movie set. (Isn't my grandma beautiful?).


I spent lots of time on my tummy. I finally like it! Though I don't stay that way very long because rolling over is so fun.

I hung with Grandpa. He reads while I watch to see if any of the words come out of his ears.


I'm getting really good at sitting in my Bumpo. My toes are my downfall though. I'm always trying to bend over to suck on those suckers.

I also nursed, nursed, nursed. Mommy says I get to eat solid food soon, but milk was all I needed this month. Mmmmm . . . milk.

Lest you think my baby prank coordinating days are over . . . here I am with my trusty cell phone. I'm now in charge of coordinating "peebody awards" (and they're not for excellence in journalism).

I wore a party hat to surprise Daddy when he got home late from work on his birthday. But I was too tired to be very happy about it. Sorry, Dada.

I fed horses. Well, actually, I just felt like looking at the horses from my seat while Mommy and Grandma fed them.


I also wore some funny things:

I might try out to be the new Statue of Liberty. What do you think? (And isn't this grandma beautiful too?)

Mommy said every baby needs a picture like this. I don't really get why, but whatever.

How did this picture get into the funny pile? I just look mature is all.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to wear ducks. Only ducks and lots of them.


Here are some things I like to do:

Grab the camera . . .

. . . and eat it. Yum.

I also LOVE to eat paper. Envelopes--the ones with the plastic windows--are my favorite. Oh, man, I'm craving one right now. But Mommy always takes them away right when I've finally sucked a good hole through them,

which breaks my heart in two.

I love sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's big, big bed.

It's so fun to cuddle all night. Who needs a crib?


Here is how I'm changing:


My hair is long enough for a mowhawk now! That's Daddy's favorite hairstyle.

It's also just barely long enough to hold Mommy's favorite clip.

My eyelashes are also growing. I guess I did get something from Daddy after all.

Here are my two blurry teeth. They're getting taller. I love to chomp on anyone's finger I can trick into letting me.


By the way, I still have . . .

. . . fat legs . . .

. . . and fat hands.


Six months old today.

*********
I know I say this every month, but Zoë is becoming a little person. It's so strange and fun. Every month she seems so much more awake and aware of everything.

Zoë's tricks: Blowing bubbles! She does this when she's happy and mad. In the second case, it's really pathetic but kind of funny. It sounds like cryyyy--bllllllll--cryyyy--blllll. And then it looks like she's foaming at the mouth. Rolling over easily (and ocassionally both ways) from tummy to back. Sitting up, but not long enough to actually get a photo of it without her falling over (it happened a few times), so it doesn't really count. The yelling, squawking, and grunting continues. Grunting has replaced crying in most times of frustration, which is a nice development. New sounds--"gl" and "bl."

Zoë's likes: Grabbing faces. She loves getting her fingers eaten and feeling eyes and cheeks. We're trying to start teaching her to be "soft," a concept that is so far lost on her. Sucking her bottom lip (to feel her new teeth, I think). Eating paper (see above). Watching faces and hands intently. Sucking on one or two fingers, sometimes her thumb. Watching the fan--she noticed it again for the first time in several weeks; it was a very happy reunion. Sticking her tongue out, especially if she sees/hears me do it. Pulling Josh's earphones out nonchalantly if he's listening to his iPod while holding her. Grabbing the book I'm reading while she's nursing. Getting kissed simultaneously by me and Josh (she doesn't lack attention).

Zoë's doesn't like: Having things taken away, especially paper. She's started to cry a heartbroken cry when she doesn't get her way. Getting her ears cleaned. Not having her hands free.

10 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my gosh. She's so freaking cute!

Rachael said...

you know, she really is unusually cute. I mean, babies are cute, but she is GORGEOUS! and i love the photo essay. very fun!

Susie said...

so so so so so so cute!! Thanks for all of the pictures!

Jeff said...

That's my big girl, all right.

Noah, Nikki and Tristan said...

What a cutie pie! I'm so sorry we didn't make it to the party I thought I was coming down with a cold, I actually have pneumonia. I hope that Josh had a great birthday. When I get feeling better we would love to see you guys.

Ben and Lori said...

So lucky to have eye lashes like that! It is crazy to see how much they change in such a small space of time. You know I am still not used to your mom's hair, I'm used to it being brown still, so it shocks me everytime. Zoe does have 2 young & beautiful grandmas! Zoe is such a pretty baby!

kelsey said...

She is getting so big! And she is absolutely adorable! I love her chubby legs and mohawks are just the best! It is so fun to watch them grow and learn new things isn't it?!

Susie said...

such beautiful close-up photography Rachel. Did you take the close ups?

Katrina said...

love this post- love the pics! she is so darling!

ohana=)mama said...

Ahhhh I just want to come over and play but well we will wait. She is so cute cute cute. I can't wait!

Great pics and thanks for the update... Zoe!