Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Josh!

Today is Josh's 30th birthday. Unfortunately, he's working all day today, so we're not really doing much to celebrate . . . today. Celebrations will be had, however.

I keep trying to convince Josh that 30 is the new 20. He doesn't believe me, but it's true.

Leave your birthday wishes, happy thoughts, memories, etc. here.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Josh. Rachel implies you think 30 is old. That's ridiculous. You are a full 42 years younger than John McCain, and his mind is clearly as sharp as a tack. What's that? Oh, right . . . Well you're a full 17 years younger than Obama, and I'm sure we can agree about the strength of his mind. - Adam

Sharon said...

I'm sure you'll have an awesome birthday, Josh. Or at least an awesome party, when that time comes. Happy Birthday!

Ben and Lori said...

Happy 30th Birthday! Don't act all old and cranky like Ben did when he turned 30 :) Just kidding. Hope you have a great new year of life!

WilliamRowanJr said...

Josh,

Now you really are my old friend, right. No, but seriously, happy birthday.

Bill

Diana and Jon said...

Happy freakin' Birthday Josh! I wish you guys were able to celebrate more. Just remember in the movie 13 going on 30....it was her b-day wish to skip straight to 30! Anyway, I hope your movie is doing great and that you are able to get some sleep here and there. Have a happy day!

Kip said...

Hey, Movie Man! Happy 30th birthday! And don't worry about being too old. I'm nearly 18 years older than you are, and think how sharp my mind is ;-) Trust me, you have many good years ahead of you!

You're a good man, Josh. Thanks for being my friend.

Maryjane said...

Happy Birthday you wonderful, beautiful child. You are not old, because that would make me really old. And I can't really say I had you when I was 15 or I look like a trashy mom. So anywho-it doesn't matter what age you are as long as you are living a good life and you are-working hard and you have a beautiful family. All is well right now. I hope you have a happy bithday-relax, don't stress, you have more wisdom and maturity from today on. I love you. Mommy Jane.

Júlia Bagaria said...

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY JOSH!!! I wish you are having a great time and that the documentary goes perfect! I'm very excited that you guys are coming soon over here. We'll see each other again! :D
Have a great day! I send you a huge hug!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Rachel is completely correct in saying that the 30s are the new 20s. Having three years practical experience with the 30s, it really is a good time! Enjoy!- Sarah Callaway

Anonymous said...

Fergie rhymes with thirty and Fergie was in Kids Incorporated...30=good. You can't deny my logic. Happy Birthday Josh.

Shannon & Summer said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish Erin and I could bring you a big giant cookie to help you celebrate!

Angiegirl said...

Happy Birthday, Josh! You're like almost 60 days younger than me so that's something. Being 30? No sweat. What's important is that you look cool...

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Welcome to the big 3-0. It's a great place to be. I've always admired your talent and creativity and with an awesome wife behind you you guys will do great things in your old age. :)

Lobbie said...

Happy birthday Josh! Being 30 in your field can only be a good thing. Who would take a 20-year old seriously? :)

When you and my hubby aren't working on films we should do that thing where married couples hang out.

Again....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Laurel

emily said...

30?????? Holy crow! The new 20? No way. Totally the new 50. But happy birthday, anyway.....

Amy said...

30 really? WOW! Happy Birthday, hope it is great! If you guys need a babysitter to watch zoe while you go out, let me know, I would be more than willing. :)

Jeff said...

30? You don't look a day older than 29. Well, welcome to the old fart club! Actually, the weather's not too bad this side of thirty, as you'll see. Thanks for being such a great husband to Rachel and a great dad to Zoë. I so admire your work ethic and passion for life, for art, for justice and goodness and the American way. I can't wait to see the blessings that surely will come from all your good desires and efforts. Keep the faith, bro.

Susie said...

Dearest Josh, Happy Birthday to you. I love your passion for life and that you chose to follow your big passion, film. Your easy and ready laugh cheers me and I know that Jesse, if he were here and not traveling at the moment, (or maybe sleeping) in Italy, would say that he loves you as a brother. He begged me to have another baby so he could have a baby brother but fortunately you (and Jon) came along!!! I also love that you are the wonderful husband to Rachel and marvelous father to Zoe. Love you, Susie

Blue Cheese said...

Happy Birthday, Josh. 30 is the new 20. I read that in the New York Times, so it *has* to be true. Thirties are way better than twenties, really they are. They are, Kristin. They ARE! I mean, Josh, have a great day and year to come!

ohana=)mama said...

Happy Happy Birthday Josh Dear happy days will come to you all year.

I don't know why but that is the first thing that came to mind.

I'm 30 almost too. I'm feeling old but I think I could still pull off looking like I was in highschool and your not doing to bad yourself.

Kiera said...

Josh,

Happy Birthday!! I'm right there with ya...in fact only 3 and a half hours behind. I really hope that what they are saying is true....30 IS the new 20!! I need that to be true! : )

I hope you guys get a chance to celebrate. You definitely deserve it!

Kiera

Jeff said...

Happy birthday buddy. Hope you had a great day. Wish we were there to go to dinner with you guys or do something fun.

parker said...

you're going to Denny's ten times today!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Josh! You deserve it.

David said...

One of my favorite memories is toilet papering Jamie Brinton for no good reason using only two gigantic rolls of tp. That was awesome.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday from San Francisco!

-The Brownings

Dr Dan said...

Mr. Ligairi, I am having a very tough time thinking you are older than I was when first taught you in HS. Wow, time flies. It is really great to see you working so hard in a field that highlights your creativity and perspective. Have a very happy day-after birthday! (We celebrate birthday weeks in our family, so don't feel guilty for celebrating a couple days later).

Justin said...

Yowza! Happy birthday! Indeed, 30 is the new 20, so it's time to live your dreams, or dream through your life and act irresponsibly. Either way. All told, it seems like life is right for you: awesome family and you really are living the dream...30s may be better than 20s!

John Perkins said...

so i, john, am here late to wish a happy birthday to your face. it really is a nice face (at least what i can see of it). to me you look not the age of 40, but more the age of 30. in fact, it's quite amazing that you look so...what? oh, hehe. i feel stupid. AHEM...

to me you look not the age of 30, but more the age of 29-ish. in fact, it's quite amazing that you look so hairy (in the face, i mean).

hapamy birthamaday!!