First, I have to say that though I never got a picture of it, their 500-square-foot apartment is great! It's located both in the heart of the city and on top of a hill of eucalyptus trees. Their wooden apartment building really looks like a mountain resort of sorts. Also, they and Ikea did a great job of making the most of their little space so that it really feels wide open and cozy at the same time. Finally, I now have a testimony of GPS. They use it to drive everywhere in the city and I'm amazed at its almost unfailing powers. Meanwhile, Josh was talked out of getting the GPS for his rental car during his jaunt to Hollaywood with Jesse and Julia and regretted it at every turn.
We did the usual touristy San Franciso stuff while there: Took pictures in front of trolleys,
visited Fisherman's Warf while facing out in the Björn for the first time (Zoë) and happening to find a Gypsy Cab sticker everywhere he went (Jesse),
and walked through the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park.
We also visited the downtown Hyatt, a childhood favorite of mine, outside of which a homeless man once generously gave Diana and me several silver dollars among other small but precious presents--an act of kindness I've always carried with me.
But more important than any of that was getting this shot:
We enjoyed our trip to San Francisco a lot. Josh, true to form, is now interested in watching every movie ever set in San Francisco: Bullitt, The Conversation, Escape From Alcatraz, Zodiac, and So I Married An Axe Murderer, just to name a few. Me, I'd be content with an old re-run of Full House.
3 comments:
Great title to this posting! Too bad Tony Bennett can't sing it with the new wording. Dad said that he thinks part of a movie was shot on 17th street just after we turned off Market to go to D's house.
And by the way, the clip of 3 pictures in one of the Japanese garden looks like a gorgeous postcard.
Looks like a great time. I had no idea Jesse was named after "Uncle Jesse." Your trip looks like it was a ton of fun. Zoe's got to get used to flying...your trip to Spain isn't too far off. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment