On Monday, Zoë took her first flight (from Salt Lake City to Oakland). I was flying alone with her and pretty worried about it, but she slept the entire time. She would barely wake up for me to feed her on the way down so her ears wouldn't hurt. And this was after I made her wait in the airport two extra hours so I could get a $200 voucher on an overbooked flight (love those!). I'm glad this baby likes to travel, because she's going to be doing a lot of it.
Then yesterday she said her first word. Yep, talking at 2.5 months. She said "how" about 5 or 6 times in a row. She skipped nouns and is already on to interrogatives. What a genius. But seriously, it was pretty funny.
And, finally, last night she went to sleep completely by herself, then slept six hours (meaning I didn't get up until 5am, which is technically sleeping through the night). Honestly, I don't mind her night wakings that much because she eats so fast and goes right back to sleep, but last night was definitely the first time she slept that long.
More posts on our SF/Berkeley trip to come . . .
5 comments:
GOOD baby! hurray! sleeping is so lovely. and I'm glad she was such a good flier!
This is great Rachel!! Good for Zoë!! I love your blog. Together with Júlia's I get to know what you guys are up to over there.
Love from Catalonia to you all,
Neus
Wow, that's awesome. Haven't tried flying yet, but I have heard plenty of horror stories. Yay for sleeping through the night too!
Wow! I loved the first time Keilani slept that long... in fact I prayed many times it would happen and I was so happy when it finally did!!!
Nice $200 and a happy baby what more could you ask for in a flight!!!
Luck is on you side = )!
Oh my gosh! I swear we lead parallel lives! Our baby took her first flight this past week too! Crazy. Also, I am an idiot and forgot to add you new blog site to my reader...and then I was thinking, hmm? I wonder why you haven't posted in so long, and then duh! It hit me. So I have caught up on your posts, and I'll say it again...parallel lives! Glad things are going so well.
Post a Comment