Among other things . . .
. . . your stomach muscles separate?
I guess this makes sense logically--they can't stretch forever. But I had never thought about it until in doing a sort of sit-up off the couch, Josh suddenly yelled "I see the baby's arm! Ah!"
You've probably already realized that it was no baby's arm but instead whatever innards are normally concealed by my abdominal muscles making an appearance in an "arm" shape down my stomach. Basically, when I flex my stomach, it turns into a pyramid shape with the tip being a lot squishier than the rest.
And, folks, it's freaky.
And I just found out they never totally knit together again.
8 comments:
You do pay a price. Say good bye to your once falt pre baby tummy.
oh yeah. those are lovely. especially when you do crunches after the baby is born and you can see two seperate pieces of stomach muscle flexing with organs and skin coming up between them. pretty freaky.
but they do go back together somewhat...yoga helps!
I like the word innards...funny.
Oh that has totally happened to me too. I noticed sitting up in the bath...very freaky. Glad I am not the only one.
that is freaky!! its carazy what our bodies can go, and live through!!
When my mom was pregnant with me she says that at one point she saw my foot go from one side of her belly to the other. I think its more freakin' cool then freaky but yeah, sorry 'bout that. You'll truly never be the same. :(
Wow, I knew they separated but I never thought about what you might be able to see because of it. Weird me out.
I never knew that. Weird.
Post a Comment