Why is it that the one Mormon candidate to ever get this far in a presidential bid has to end his campaign with the following statement:"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."
Oh. my. gosh. Talk about a politics of fear. A Democratic win = a "surrender to terror"? What happened to this guy? He used to sound somewhat rational. It makes me embarrassed that he's representing my religion to the world and also thankful that his decision to suspend his campaign will render him less able to do so.
See the full article here.
2 comments:
I find it makes perfect sense for Romney to invoke the "terror" clause, for I feel terror, horror, and panic when I think that this man's war-mongering, Gitmo-expanding, and torture-sanctioning self is the poster child for contemporary Mormonism. Perhaps he didn't "ask" for that responsibility, but as we're taught in Primary, one is an example whether one wants to be or not (right before we're taught, "Jesus wants me to bomb I-raq" . . .)
Amen, sister. I couldn't agree with you more. By the way, Jon Stewart commented on Romney's speech on The Daily Show. If you haven't seen it yet, you should check it out. We posted it on our blog: andrewandjolyn.blogspot.com ...
Post a Comment