Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Six months

That's right--I'm six months pregnant today. Crazy. I'll have to post some pics soon that show how much I'm showing. I've really popped out a lot. I can't believe how fast the second trimester flew by when the first one felt so long. I feel like there is so much I still need to do! Any tips on the most important things to focus on during the last three months (besides the obvious things like getting the nursery ready, etc.)?

7 comments:

AubreyB said...

Congratulations on the 6 month mark! My advice would be to have as many just you & Josh dates as you can (or just do all the stuff that you won't be able to do w/ a baby as much as you can) because once you have the baby, planning a date & finding a babysitter is a big effort.

Rachael said...

ditto what aubrey said. in particular, do these things:

1)go somewhere really late (like leave your house at midnight)

2)go somewhere quiet

3)indulge yourself in everything you like to do by yourself

ooh, i'm getting all envious now. go take a drive up the canyon for me in the middle of the night, please? and top it off with a quiet hour or two in the library.

ah, jealousy!

Katrina said...

Congrats on 3rd trimesterdom! If you are so inclined now would be a good time to take a little trip just you and the hubby.

Kiera said...

Get out and do stuff while you still can and while it's still fairly easy! Date night as often as you can enjoy the silence!!

ohana=)mama said...

This is what I would do.

Yes do something for yourself! I agree with everybody but the thing that you will wish that you had more of are memories.

Make sure that you have a baby book that you love and a system in place for how you will be recording memories. A journal for the baby that has pictures in it. Make sure that your system is quick and easy because a memory book my be last thing on your mind with a new baby. Although you may think that you will never forget the first or the cute things she says, you will so it is important that you record them in some way.

ohana=)mama said...

Oh and you might want to designate a delivery room photographer. At least for the nursery moments, like the first bath and Josh holding baby for the first time. Definately these things will be a treasury.

kelsey said...

Congrats!!! Spend some time with your hubby while it is just the two of you and if you can go on a vacation.