Friday, February 1, 2008

For you craftys

So, supposing I wanted to sew a shape like this. . .

. . .out of some fabric like this. . .
. . .and mount it to a wall. Do you think wallpaper glue or starch would work? And would it ruin the paint underneath if I removed it in the next few years?

7 comments:

Katrina said...

ohh, that is very cool. I don't really have any advice, but my guess is wallpaper glue would mess up the paint. I have no idea about starch.

AubreyB said...

Hey Rachel - it's Aubrey Bardsley (I used to live in provo 1st w/ you guys). I found your blog through Leah's (I think :)) and congratulations on being pregnant! It's fun to see what's going on in everyone's lives since we've moved. I want to invite you to my blog, so I'm sending an invite to an old email address I had from nursery days. :) I hope it works!

Anonymous said...

My advice would be to back it with a hard surface and then put on mounting hooks and hang it on the wall. That way it would be moveable without damage. I think it would be cute to back it with padding underneath the fabric for a softer look (it would look like a padded headboard). Way to be crafty.

Kiera said...

I agree with Vanessa, in fact that is exactly what I was going to suggest. What a cute idea Rachel!! I love that fabric.

kristina said...

dido with Vanessa and Kiera! that is going to be so cute!! can I come see it when your done?

Susie said...

Wow, so beautiful. Maybe there is some sticky stuff that would stick it to the wall that could be washed off later. Certainly nothing with a duct-tape like stickiness. Look in a fabric store. It seems like this would be lighter and have less chance of falling off the wall.

ohana=)mama said...

Rachel
It's 2 am and I can't stop thinking about what you should do for your adorable idea for the nursery.

So I thought about it and thought about it and realized that I once called 3M in search of a double sided tape that I could use for annoucements. I called them and explained my situation and the sales rep there offered quite a few options. So maybe if you call and tell 3M about your idea they might help you come up with an adhesive solution.

I looked through their products and found this one to be interesting but you might still have to call them to find just what you'd like.


http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Manufacturing/Industry/Product-Catalog/Online-Catalog?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_root=GST1T4S9TCgv&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_output=html&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_gvel=S0CK81H2Q8gl&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_vroot=81LC4NNTD4ge&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_node=XBZ8MFMV8Kbe&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_theme=en_us_manufacturingindustry_portal&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_command=CustomizePageHandler