Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars

Last night my friend Kristin hosted a fabulous Oscar party with delicious food and great decor.

My favorite part of the whole show? Seeing this guy (and he looked so happy!):
I wonder if Ian McEwen was there too. I realized that I would be really excited for an "author's Oscars."

Other than that, I'm really glad that Once won the best song and I love Jon Stewart for letting Marketa Irglova have her say. Oh, and I loved Tilda Swinton's acceptance speech.

4 comments:

Kiera said...

I wish I had seen more of the nominated films but hey, that's life with kids. Im just happy I got to spend the evening eating delicious hor d'oeuvres with the coolest of people. Fun fun fun!

Blue Cheese said...

An Oscar celebration that has Jon Stewart, DDL being faux knighted, "Once" winning the best song, and Tilda Swinton saying "buttocks" is a good celebration. I could have done without all of the montages, but I think that Jon Stewart was aware of their tiredness (exhibit A: montage to binoculars). Thanks to all for making it a fun party!

Angie said...

I have no clue who this guys is but I really love the photo.

Rachel Mae said...

It's Cormac McCarthy--he wrote No Country for Old Men (and All the Pretty Horses, among many others). I wrote part of my thesis on him.